Post here when.

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited November 2012 in The cake stop
You get your first trick or treater.

Just for the hell of it.
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• I'm going out with a bag tonight.....oh hold on I should have posted this in willhubs POF thread, :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Just now, little lad about five made up like Dracula and accompanied by his mum. (Not Dracula's mum) :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

• random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    There was a knock on the door but I thought, as a single bloke in his 50's, it would be better not to open it and offer sweets to kids :wink:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    I decided I would not be party to the burgeoning problems of our NHS and provide fruit and dried fruit and nuts all neatly measured out in nappy sacks (no-one noticed).
    However, allthough I think its a yankee import, 99% of them were under 7 and all dressed up and all polite, smiling and expectant, shaparoned by uncle or auntie or whoever.
    One took to telling me a halloween joke. What do witches put in their hair ? He asked. I dunno. 'Scare spray'. I had to smile. I figured I would then say to them "tell me a joke and i'll treat you". Not bad, i'll give them credit.
    How do you make a ghost straight ? With a spirit level. Kids can make jokes seem funny becuase they haven't got our cynicism.
    Then the crunch came (twice). First it was a portly mother with her equally portly kids. I said "i've got fruit and nuts and its all healthy". Dong... tumbleweed...dong. They went away very quietly armed with some healthy stuff.
    Crunch two came: Two adults with 4 kids. 3 Girls and a boy. By this time I had run out of almost everything. I said that I only had nuts and you can share them all out. I gave a single bag to one of the girls. The littlest (and cutest) girl not understanding my intent stood there face screwed up and petted lip looking at me as if I was the meanest, baddest man she had ever met, a tear welling up in her eye. F*ck, f*ck, f*ck.
    Next year, i will redeem myself.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • willhub
    willhub Posts: 821
    edited October 2012
    We had a few, I ate them.

Sorry I ate their sweets.
  • random man wrote:
    There was a knock on the door but I thought, as a single bloke in his 50's, it would be better not to open it and offer sweets to kids :wink:

Why don't you take Willhub out for a night on the pull, you're a bit of a smoothie and I'm sure he'd appreciate any help/advice you could give him. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

• 247658_412969248772553_201209242_n.jpg
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    :lol:
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Didn't get any :shock:
  • Had four seperate knocks on the door. All had made an effort, though I'm not quite sure where the connection between Halloween and "naughty" schoolgirl outfit is? Although they had vampire stylee make up on.

Fortunately, I'm no Gary Glitter and Mrs Tank answered the door. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

• graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    247658_412969248772553_201209242_n.jpg
    I rather like this one as well. :D

394043_10152250156815525_1975661648_n.jpg
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    We lost count of how many came.

By the time I got home at 5.45, Mrs Slog had had two groups come to the door. I dressed up as Death (some think I always look like death, but never mind) and managed to scare about another three lots. When the sons got home, they donned the garb and carried on the good work.

We estimate that around 50-60 came to our door last night and cleaned us out of the sweets that Mrs Slog had bought for the occasion. They were all polite and good humoured. The earlier ones were accompanied by parents and these were very grateful that they had somewhere to bring their kids. It was a good night.

The older I get, the better I was.