expensive lights, why?

13»

Comments

• diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    ddraver wrote:
    From the look of diy's avatar, he is somewhat obsessed by them....
    Endurance MTB riding is my thing.. Road cycling is just a means to stay fit for big endurance rides. Though I have got in to it over the last year. A lot of the winter rides I do are night rides. If you are going for 8+ hours night riding you want something you can change the batteries on. You also want some flexibility, i.e. 2 on low, 2 on high, some off, some on etc.

If I'm obsessed with anything - its doing things on the cheap. ;)
  • diy wrote:
    What is a Cree 5?

Here is a list of all the Cree LEDs http://flashlightwiki.com/Cree and the outputs

Pair of XP+E Q5's are what I've ordered. Cree 5 is the search I put into the bay :|
  • However I have also used extremely cheap lights as well, china £2 light for the rear and £2 for the front

Nobody was defending lights that are that cheap tbh.. Any light from anywhere that costs that much is best avoided
  • diy wrote:
    About as british as my triumph motorbike ;). The LEDs, drivers and cells are all made in china and Japan.

Not strictly true.

CREE are an American company headquartered in North Carolina. It has manufacturing sites in the USA and China.
    Philips are Dutch and have manufacturing sites in the USA and (I think) China amongst numerous other Asian countries.