Katherine Jenkins Murders the National Anthem!

mr_goo
mr_goo Posts: 3,770
edited November 2012 in The cake stop
This time the Patriots, the Rams and 80,000 spectators had to put up with strangulated warbling.

Would love to a parody sketch like the Go Compare Ads. Where Wiggo is hiding on a rooftop
with a Barratt sniper rifle. 'Saving Britain' from cr4ppy singers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asPh08pR8lQ
Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,454
    When did she murder it before?
  • mr_goo
    Pross wrote:

Think I may have got the wrong singer. It was Lesley Garrett wasn't it?
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,943
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Think I may have got the wrong singer. It was Lesley Garrett wasn't it?

Yup, it was. I think you're referring to her singing when Bradley won the TDF, and it was a bloody awful racket.

Miss Jenkins on the other hand usually does a good job of it (as she did in the vid you posted), but perhaps not to your taste?

The older I get, the better I was.

• Yes, Lesley Garrett was far worse when she ruined Brad's big moment in Paris!
  • mr_goo
    Not to my taste these operatic versions of the anthem. Especially Garrett's.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,943
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Not to my taste these operatic versions of the anthem. Especially Garrett's.

Agree on the overblown Garret, but when Katherine looks like this ...

fashionqueensjubilee_katherinejenkinsdress1.jpg

you can turn down the sound and watch the pretty pictures

The older I get, the better I was.

• bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Murders the national anthem again? Is this the plot for Double Jeopardy 2?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,454
    Whilst I like Katherine Jenkins and enjoy some of her music she has been butchering the Welsh national anthem for years and others are now copying with the final few notes going up far higher than the music intended (I really hate accompanied national anthems anyway especially at Welsh rugby matches where the crowd can do the job fine by themselves).
  • I don't think I've ever heard Katherine Jenkins sing a note, even with the volume up.

Fap, fap, fap, fap.......
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Vino2007
    Vino2007 Posts: 340
    hahahaha brilliant.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    I don't think I've ever heard Katherine Jenkins sing a note, even with the volume up.

Fap, fap, fap, fap.......

I thought it made you go blind, not deaf.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,384
    Pross wrote:
    Whilst I like Katherine Jenkins and enjoy some of her music she has been butchering the Welsh national anthem for years and others are now copying with the final few notes going up far higher than the music intended (I really hate accompanied national anthems anyway especially at Welsh rugby matches where the crowd can do the job fine by themselves).

Totally agree. It was a good career boost for Charlotte Church and Hayley Westerana but it's time to stop now. Maybe it's new soulless stadiums but I remember being able to feel the vibrations through the telly back in the day. As a young un it always made me feel rather scared/excited.

Even the All Blacks are dicking around with the haka these days!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • The day Katherine Jenkins contracts bronchitis on a permanent basis will be a happy day in my book. Can not stomach the woman!

As for National Anthems, bang on the music* and let the crowd do the rest!

* the exception to this should be Welsh home rugby internationals - let the crowd do the lot for that one. Magic.