Disney buy Star Wars

Comments

• Star Wars VII - Return of the Ewoks (coz they're reeeely nice and cuddly)
    Coffee is not my cup of tea

Moda Fresco track racer
    Kinesis Crosslight Pro 6 winter commuter
    Gunnar Hyper X
    Rocky Mountain ETSX
    Cannondale Scalpel 3000 (retro-bike in bits)
    Lemond Poprad Disc, now retired pending frame re-paint.
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Star Wars VIII - Jar Jar Binks Strikes Back (because a focus group says that the core toy buying group really identify with the character and therefore merch sales will rise)
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    Heard this story on the radio, always nice to hear a billionaire pensioner decides he needs to cash in the last of his dignity for that one last payday.
  • pipipi
    pipipi Posts: 332
    Empire Strikes Bambi

Pinochiobi-Wan-Kenobi
  • I cringed when I heard this.
    Snow White & the Seven Ewoks?
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • B.M.R.
    B.M.R. Posts: 72
    It'll probably be some animated movie a'la Clone Wars rather than a live action film. Unless they're going to do some sort of Rambo regen thing where we pick up with the characters 30 years later where Luke has taken to dressing like the Joker and gone totally batsh*t, Leia is a grumpy comedian who has survived addictions to alcohol and drugs, Han Solo won't be there because he refuses to talk about it, and we have some bizarre sub story involved a character who is a horrible characterisation of Jamiacan people and lends no value to the story at all.

That said, a really dark seventh film involving Boba Fett climbing out of the Sarlac pit and embarking on a Taken style rampage would be awesome.

Still, they did alright with Indy 4 didn't they?........ Hello?
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    They can't f'uck it more up than Lucas did himself with the latest 3 movies.
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    If Lucas wasn't planning any more himself, perhaps a move from Disney and he thought 'why not?'

Although there are a lot of 'why nots'

Should have left it at the original 3 films.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    It was bad enough when they bought Studio Ghibli, then released Arriety, not anywhere as good as previous Ghiblis. I can only summise the future Star Wars releases to be as dismally bad ..... great shame
  • Apparently Lucas retirement fund - 2.5 billion - what a smug greedy bastard :D
    Wilier Izoard XP "Petacchi"/ Campag Veloce/ Fulcrum Racing 5
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7/ Campag Xenon
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    Simple experiment carried out this evening.

Apparatus:
    My sons, who are are called Obi and Lukes.

Method:
    I walk into the living room this eve and shouted "Oi, Mickey, Pluto, its bed time."

Result:
    No movement at all. The two f them stayed on the sofa watching TV.

Conclusion
    Mixing Disney and Star Wars doesn't do any good at all.
  • Sad news. Can't see it working really. I'll probably go see the films anyhow.
  • simona75
    simona75 Posts: 336
    ThomThom wrote:

I agree. Plus Disney arent all bad. For example they own Marvel studios and their recent output has been good (ironman, Thor, avengers)
  • Star Wars is for kids not nostalgia addicts :roll:
    Every winner has scars.
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    I predict a load of crap, I predict a load of crap.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    simona75 wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:

I agree. Plus Disney arent all bad. For example they own Marvel studios and their recent output has been good (ironman, Thor, avengers)

Err I thought as part of the deal they only provide Finance. Their creative input is limited; as films by committee have been embarrassingly bad for the evil empite, sorry I meant for the Disney Corporation.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • I cringed when I heard this.
    Snow White & the Seven Ewoks?

Whistle While Ewok
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • simona75
    simona75 Posts: 336
    symo wrote:
    simona75 wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:

Err I thought as part of the deal they only provide Finance. Their creative input is limited; as films by committee have been embarrassingly bad for the evil empite, sorry I meant for the Disney Corporation.

I heard that they have similar plans for Star Wars. If they can hire someone like JJ Abrams and hand creative control over then things may be ok