Trails - Haldon, Devon

ChantelleC
ChantelleC Posts: 48
edited December 2012 in Women
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone lives in Devon and rides the trails at Haldon??

I not keen on mountain biking by myself mainly because it consists of being in the woods which gets a bit creepy. My boyfriend and I are road cyclists mainly but he hates mountain biking and gets grumpy when I drag him up there! So I'm looking for others to go with but hoping there are some girls to go with which will make a change!
Scott Foil 30
Trek 1.2
Trek Fuel EX5

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Get a new bf.
  • sbd16v
    sbd16v Posts: 93
    we ride there occasionally but ride more on dartmoor

do you live north or south of exeter ?
  • sbd16v wrote:
    we ride there occasionally but ride more on dartmoor

do you live north or south of exeter ?

South of Exeter near Newton Abbot. How often do you go?

On dartmoor do you do hard demanding rides or moderate type of stuff like haldon?
    Scott Foil 30
    Trek 1.2
    Trek Fuel EX5
  • anj132
    anj132 Posts: 299
    I don't go there that often being down in Cornwall but I should be heading up to Holdon this Sat am with 3 other blokes probably just for morning if you are looking for a group to ride with this Saturday. I could understand if you don't fancy joining up with 4 random blokes off the internet though! :)

There is a cornwall mountain biking group
    http://www.cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    And they do rides sometimes around Dartmoor and Plymouth and have a few female riders to. They also have a facebook group page as well - pop in there and say hello and they are all very friendly.
  • anj132 wrote:
    I don't go there that often being down in Cornwall but I should be heading up to Holdon this Sat am with 3 other blokes probably just for morning if you are looking for a group to ride with this Saturday. I could understand if you don't fancy joining up with 4 random blokes off the internet though! :)

There is a cornwall mountain biking group
    http://www.cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    And they do rides sometimes around Dartmoor and Plymouth and have a few female riders to. They also have a facebook group page as well - pop in there and say hello and they are all very friendly.

Sorry I haven't read this until now .. thanks for the offer I missed though!

Ok cool I'll have a look, thanks!
    Scott Foil 30
    Trek 1.2
    Trek Fuel EX5
  • ExigeR
    ExigeR Posts: 120
    Im the other side of Exeter rode Haldon a good few times this year (just the main trails)

Send me a PM if you want i will tag along.

*Edit* sorry just saw this was the women section, oh well offer still stands.
  • hi i live really close to haldon and ride there a lot. what kind of trails do you like to ride? theres the blue red and black but also a lot of off piste stuff, although its probably a bit wet for that at the moment. if you would like me to show you around let me know x