Another LOOK 566

KonaMike
KonaMike Posts: 805
edited October 2012 in Your road bikes
Here are a few quick pics of my new bike....an Anniversary surprise from the wife who started paying it off at the LBS months ago after I spotted it in the window as we drove past.
A massive upgrade from my Giant Defy 4 !! Its comfy enough to ride in the drops all day and as I am 10.5 stone soaking wet,I dont get any flex issues at all.It really is a nice looking frame with loads of little styling touches.
I must apologise for the lights and mudguards but this is now my only bike so gets used in all weathers plus on my daily commute.
Will get proper pics up soon.

SAM_5363.jpg

SAM_5364.jpg

SAM_5367.jpg

SAM_5365.jpg

Comments

• spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    you commute on that!?

not. jealous. at. all.
  • KonaMike
    spasypaddy wrote:
    you commute on that!?

not. jealous. at. all.

No room for two bikes I'm afraid so this has to do it all,not just weekend epics!!
    Only a short 5 miles each way commute though and on good roads.
    I might give it a rest when the salt goes down though !!!
  • spasypaddy
    lucky guy!

you enjoying it?

stunning bike btw
  • KonaMike
    spasypaddy wrote:
    lucky guy!

you enjoying it?

stunning bike btw

Im loving it ! Its my first carbon Road bike so not much to compare it with but so far its been great.

It is a nice looking frame and although the components are only 105 its a fair upgrade on my old Defy and its so much lighter.So far I'm really happy,just need to get my position sorted and then get the steerer cut.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Really nice
  • nice! any issues you had with it yet? as ive only had mine a couple of months and not been riding the last month or so everything has been fine on it.

what size frame and how tall are you out of interets? plus whats the spec?

apparently the 2013 model is exactly the same with just the color scheme changing, not sure if thats correct or not, but i think the 2012 looks marginally better anyway without the red flashes on the 2013. but then again maybes thats cos i bought the 2012!

cant beleive you commute on it! i wouldnt risk it, especially not locking it up at the local station, leaving it open to get vandalised/nicked. bought a cheap (relatively) orbea to commute on.
  • KonaMike
    No issues as yet,only had it a couple of months but so far so good !
    Its a Medium frame and I'm 5ft 10.
    Spec is as standard 105 with Deda Stem/seatpost and Mavic Aksium wheels...I put Ultremo ZX tyres on but will be getting GP4000s ready for the bad weather.
    I am lucky with the commute as I can take the bike upstairs in the shop so no theft risk,also got it and myself insured just in case.
    I'm not fussed on the red bits on the 2013 model either!!
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    She's a keeper, the wife that is, lucky boy!
  • Yes I wish my piece would surprise me like that!!
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    KonaMike wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:
    you commute on that!?

not. jealous. at. all.

No room for two bikes I'm afraid so this has to do it all,not just weekend epics!!
    Only a short 5 miles each way commute though and on good roads.
    I might give it a rest when the salt goes down though !!!

If you haven't done it already I'd put Helicopter tape on any contact point between the Cruds and the frame (esp on the stays) - they will scratch up the frame - grit gets in behind the rubber bands which then move and rub it against the frame.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • KonaMike
    Cheers Rolf F ,there is Helicopter tape under the Crud mounts and on all the cable rub points,thinking of doing the underside of the downtube too.
  • spasypaddy
    the other place id recommend is the chain stays, i ride dangerously close to mine and on my cannondale there are rub marks on both chainstays