Specialized Big Hit 2 FSR

welshkev
welshkev Posts: 9,690
edited January 2013 in Your mountain bikes
Just bought off ebay for a bargain price, it's in immaculate condition with one or 2 tiny scuffs:

189116_377011269044660_1217219845_n.jpg

I can't wait to get it out for a blast :D

Comments

• chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    very nice, if its the one i saw advertised from dorset, thats quite a bargain, nice one
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Schweet!
  • welshkev
    chez_m356 wrote:
    very nice, if its the one i saw advertised from dorset, thats quite a bargain, nice one

It is indeed :-) and its in immaculate condition for a used bike
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    That is a sweet ride man,

Intested to hear how it goes.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    What was the price then?
  • welshkev
    What was the price then?

£750 :)
  • welshkev

Nice :-)
    That is a sweet ride man,

Intested to hear how it goes.

I took it for a quick blast at cc earlier. Really plush and smooth. It jumps differently to my cove so that's one thing to get used to, but other than that I'm well impressed
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Good buy there bud.
  • paul.skibum
    welshkev wrote:
    I took it for a quick blast at cc earlier. Really plush and smooth. It jumps differently to my cove so that's one thing to get used to, but other than that I'm well impressed

I found it tends to absorb the jump a little more than you expect making clearing table tops a little harder than anticipated. I upped the rebound speed a little and found it helped a bit, I alos cranked on a couple of turns extra to stiffen the rear for pure jump runs. messed witht he plush on rooty bumpy stuff though so if you are on a mixed trail may not work.

I had my Domains serviced and they worked really smooth after - think they had been stored for a while and were a tad slow and sticky before hand.
  • welshkev
    welshkev wrote:

I found it tends to absorb the jump a little more than you expect making clearing table tops a little harder than anticipated. I upped the rebound speed a little and found it helped a bit, I alos cranked on a couple of turns extra to stiffen the rear for pure jump runs. messed witht he plush on rooty bumpy stuff though so if you are on a mixed trail may not work.

I had my Domains serviced and they worked really smooth after - think they had been stored for a while and were a tad slow and sticky before hand.

Yeah, I've never had a long travel 'big' bike before so it'll take a bit of getting used to, but I can't wait to hammer it :-) even the quick blast I gave it I was hitting stuff faster and with more confidence than my old am bike :-)
  • paul.skibum
    To be honest I wish I had tinkered with the settings on the shocks more than I did - kept meaning to and would get back in from a ride thinking, oh yeah must tweak in an extra turn of rebound on the forks but then I'd forget and go out again and remember I hadnt done it. Unfortunately my forks lost the rebound knob so needed an allen key to adjust it.

Actually that's a good point - worth pulling the red knob off the forks and popping it in a camelback as it will fall off at some point otherwise - flawed design!
  • welshkev
    292719_381911371887983_1222593339_n.jpg
  • Awesome photo!
  • welshkev
    Awesome photo!

you're jealous you didn't get one now aren't you? :)
  • Awesome photo!

Looks bl**dy cold. Better not be like that this Sunday...
  • welshkev
    Proutster wrote:
    Awesome photo!

it was doen there but up on top where the sun was it was lovely, i'd rather it be cold than shhhh raining shhhhh
  • So was it pee your pants awesome to ride?
  • welshkev
    So was it pee your pants awesome to ride?

Yeah fair play it's lovely to ride, I'm still playing with the suspension to get it right but it feels great. I've got an uplift booked next weekend to get it dialled in properly :-)
  • welshkev wrote:
    Proutster wrote:
    Awesome photo!

it was doen there but up on top where the sun was it was lovely, i'd rather it be cold than shhhh raining shhhhh

It wasn't cold, shorts and T weather!!
  • welshkev wrote:
    Proutster wrote:
    Awesome photo!

It wasn't cold, shorts and T weather!!

That's cos you're a hard Northerner, who lives in the South (Wales), but I'm a soft Southerner who lives in the North :oops:
  • welshkev
    out in the snow yesterday :)

264073_410846885661098_1404919052_n.jpg
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Nice I'm out on mine tomoz will get sum snow shots.