My first road bike Look 566 2012

the playing mantis
the playing mantis Posts: 2,129
edited October 2012 in Your road bikes
got a good deal on this, couldnt justify getting the next model up, preferred the 'relaxed' fit of this, and am a look fan boy, dream bike would be the one the cofidis boys ride. once i get used to spd will put look pedals on too. thoughts? anything worth upgrading?

imag1592vvdvd.jpg

imag1598i.jpg

imag1597.jpg

Comments

• Neale1978
    Neale1978 Posts: 484
    sweet looking frame and forks

perhaps 'upgrade' the angle of the seat :roll:
  • KonaMike
    KonaMike Posts: 805
    I have exactly the same bike and you will not be disappointed !!
    Its a brilliant long distance bike,you can spend all day in the drops. The frame has some lovely detail and is great quality.
    I have put Roadracer 2's on mine so I can carry on riding it into the winter...I also commute on it .
    Well done on buying a great bike...enjoy !!!
  • dork disc off. Apart from that a right cracker of a bike.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Glad to see you shelled out for the insanely expensive but essential (and very effective) Look bottle cages :D
    Faster than a tent.......
  • haha, yes indeed, stupid price, but my excuse was i had an evans voucher to use up so used it towards those!

saddle at funny angle cos had just taken the lezyne saddle bag off (the smallest one that is actually a bit too small tbh...)

should the dork disc come off, as a new roadie wouldnt i benefit leaving it on at least for a while.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    should the dork disc come off, as a new roadie wouldnt i benefit leaving it on at least for a while.

1. Yes

2. No.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    another stunning bike.

Nothing wrong on spending good money on good bottle cages... if youre going to do it. do it properly!

I think we should start a Look supporters club on the forum. and ban all other riders from it

Thoughts Rolf?
  • rolf_f
    spasypaddy wrote:
    another stunning bike.

Nothing wrong on spending good money on good bottle cages... if youre going to do it. do it properly!

I think we should start a Look supporters club on the forum. and ban all other riders from it

Thoughts Rolf?

Ah ha! Here it is! Yes - damn good idea. Only we have to ban KonaMike as he's been tight on the bottle cages getting those Elite ones. Unless we have an extra exclusive section for Look owners with Look bottle cages as well!
  • KonaMike
    KonaMike Posts: 805
    I was expecting abuse for fitting Mudguards but instead I have lost points for third party Bottle cages :(
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    -Dork disc off
    -Saddle angle (you're doing it wrong)
    -Matching bottle cages (why in God's name would you have two different colours?!??)
  • rolf_f
    Matching bottle cages (why in God's name would you have two different colours?!??)

Quite neat I thought - he's matched them to the frame lettering on the tubes he's attached the cages to!
    KonaMike wrote:
    I was expecting abuse for fitting Mudguards but instead I have lost points for third party Bottle cages :(

Life is never predictable! :lol:

Incidentally, when I bought my Look 585 I ordered those Elite cages. But when it came down to it I had to change them to the Look ones; anything else would have been wrong! Still, I do now use those Elite ones on my Ribble...
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Rolf F wrote:
    Matching bottle cages (why in God's name would you have two different colours?!??)

Quite neat I thought - he's matched them to the frame lettering on the tubes he's attached the cages to!
    KonaMike wrote:

Life is never predictable! :lol:

Incidentally, when I bought my Look 585 I ordered those Elite cages. But when it came down to it I had to change them to the Look ones; anything else would have been wrong! Still, I do now use those Elite ones on my Ribble...

Its a good idea in theory.. but looks crap in reality.

Both should be black.. white cages generally look bad on white frames.
  • KonaMike wrote:

If Elite is good enough for Team Sky its plenty good enough for me!
  • spasypaddy
    KonaMike wrote:
    welcome to the world of owning a Look. Its fun and we can Look down on everyone else 8)
  • i wasnt sure about the colouring...i do actually have a 3rd look cage (had a brain freeze when buying it...and more money than sense that month i think!), a black one which i had the intention of sticking on 2nd road bike i had planned to buy (and now have purchased and use as a spare incase the current 2 on the look got broke somehow). i sadly took a straw poll of what people (non cycling family and friends) thought looked best, all black or mixed and most said mixed even though i was meh either way tbh. based on my meh'ness either way, what do you lot think, should i go all black or stick with the mixed...(lame question but i'm bored at work!)

saddle is at that angle as i had adjusted it in order to remove a saddle bag (that is easier to put on and take off when the saddle is like that) as mentioned earlier on...i dont ride with it at that angle...

as for the dork disc i must admit my knowledge of road bikes is so low i was not aware of the point of it until now (never seemed to have one on my ancient mtb's)...it does look gash...whats the best way of taking it off, do i have to take the whole rear mech off or can i do it without moving any of the gubbins at the back, whcih i would prefer not to touch. (i havent examined it closely so have no idea how easy it is to remove)
  • spasypaddy
    Ok put the other black bottle cage on. it will look better. (see my sig for two the same).

The dork disc can possibly be cut off if you are very careful, but the easiest way to take it off is to remove the rear cassette and the put it back on. Its a 2 minute job for your LBS