Bianchi Vertigo 2013

ChantelleC
ChantelleC Posts: 48
edited May 2014 in Your road bikes
Thought I would share my new Bianchi I bought a couple weeks ago.

I have changed the stem to a shorter carbon fibre Pro-Lite stem for better fitting and have also changed to a Selle Italia ladies saddle. Lastly just need to change the chainset as I need 170mm cranks. I have no idea what the bottom bracket size is without taking it out, does anyone know what it might be for this model?
Scott Foil 30
Trek 1.2
Trek Fuel EX5

Comments

• TakeTurns
    TakeTurns Posts: 1,075
    Looks sweet, enjoy it. Careful with those tyres if you're planning on riding in the wet.

Should be BS thread, probably 68mm. If you measure the width from the bottom of the bike you should be able to confirm that.
  • Nice, got a soft spot for Bianchi.

Has it got Campag on?
  • Wobblehead wrote:
    Nice, got a soft spot for Bianchi.

Has it got Campag on?

Yeah most of the drivetrain components are Campag, here's the spec -

Headset - Fsa Orbit CE Plus
    Crankset - Fsa Omega MegaExo Compact 50-34T
    Chain - Fsa
    Sprocket - Campagnolo VELOCE UD 10s 12-25T 10sp
    Front derailleur - Campagnolo VELOCE 10sp
    Rear derailleur - Campagnolo VELOCE 10sp
    Shifters - Campagnolo VELOCE 10sp Ergopower
    Fork - Bianchi Alu-Carbon 1 1/8"
    Brakes - Reparto corse
    Stem - Reparto Corse Alu (now Pro-Lite Elbrus Carbon)
    Handlebar - Reparto Corse JD-RA37A.2 Compact alloy 2014 with logo reparto corse
    Seatpost - Reparto Corse SP-CTEC-2
    Saddle - Selle San Marco Ponza Power Arrowhead (now Selle Italia Lady Flow)
    Wheels - Maddux RX 5.1 (4-spoke pattern) CUSTOM logo reparto corse
    Tire - Hutchinson Equinox 2 700 x 23
    Scott Foil 30
    Trek 1.2
    Trek Fuel EX5
  • Nice! I Do like the look of these and the Impulso's. It could do with some better pictures to do it justice.

I'll see what I can do :)
    Scott Foil 30
    Trek 1.2
    Trek Fuel EX5
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    nice
    bigger pics though
  • Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    Sweet bike - enjoy it
  • Looking at your location, I'm guessing you bought it from the Bike Shed?

The Vertigo is on my shortlist - I've test ridden one and loved it - smooth, comfortable and fast, plus Campag. I'd be interested to know what other bikes you considered and what swung it for you with the Bianchi?
    Pride and joy: Bianchi Sempre
    Commuting hack: Cube Nature
  • Thought I'd bring this to the top again in the hope of a reply before I finally part with my cash.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Actually lovin these Bianchi's. Style. :D
  • I like it!! How does it ride?
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Re-sizing of BB - I'd get back to whoever sold you the bike, get them to tell you (in writing - e-mail fine) therefore if it all goes wrong, you can blame them :roll:

They may also match whatever price you get for your existing gear - but do you really need to change the cranks - it looks like a small bike, what cranks are on there now?

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Well, I went and put my deposit down yesterday whilst I wait for the cycle scheme voucher to come through.

So excited! I'll post pics on here when it arrives (assuming I can find a white background!).

I'd still be interested in knowing what other bikes you tested before coming to your decision.
  • Hi all,

Sorry I haven't replied! The only other bike I considered before buying the Vertigo was the Infinito Dama Bianca 105. The only reason I didn't buy was because the one I had seen reduced on wiggle, 55cm frame for £1459 which I almost bought but 55cm would have been too big so I'm glad I didn't! If I brought the 53cm frame at retail price I would have been spending about £2199 (I think) which was too expesive.

Bianchi was what I wanted, I loved the look of loads of other bikes but the Bianchi just does it for me :) so I went and test rode and put a deposit down. It was the Bike Shed I bought it from (I think that was one of the questions)

Anyway I have upgraded the chainset now to a Campag Centaur UT Carbon Compact. The crank length is now 170mm which is the perfect length for me. My bike is now set up perfectly! :)

The latest photo ... Sorry about the non white background.
    Scott Foil 30
    Trek 1.2
    Trek Fuel EX5
  • Thanks for coming back to me. Strangely I didn't consider a Dama Bianca(!), but the men's Infinito was a bit steep for me.

On a related note, the Bike Shed have thrown in a 2D fit and I'm wondering if it's worthwhile paying the extra for a 3D? Although I've been riding for a while, this will be my first proper road bike and I want to make sure I get the most from the fit. Also what is the situation with replacement parts eg a shorter stem etc? Is the cost offset from unwanted parts or do shops usually charge the full price and you keep both parts?

I realise these questions may have just hijacked this thread, but any advice would be welcome.
  • There seems to be an Ultegra version of this bike for £1999 which I have only seen here. is it worth an extra £500.

http://www.bianchibikes.co.uk/store/Bia ... igo%20bike

I have also read that Campo is a better fit for Bianchi, but not sure what that means. I really like teh design of the bike but confused between the two models.

In addition, I am looking at this to replace my Trek 1.7 1998 model, is this an upgrade compared to this?

I rove riding but mnot to good on the spec side of things.

Any advice welcome.
  • By "fit" I think people are just being purist, so the bike is all Italian. The same people would only have a Bianchi in Celeste, others would argue that red ones go faster!

I may get hung for this, but there's a lot of rubbish spoken about specs - notwithstanding you get what you pay for. At the end of the day, a lot of it comes down to personal preference. Some prefer having distinct controls (Campy), others prefer the levers together (Shimano). And then there are the weird ones, who want one lever to do everything (SRAM).

I'm not sure about the Ultegra groupset. The original intention was for 105 on the Vertigo. I am aware that some manufacturers have different specs for different markets. This could mean either that Bianchi have changed the spec for the UK market, or possibly that the bike is a grey import. Or it's a mistake on behalf of the seller (I'm sure it's not meant to mislead).

Hope this helps.
  • I wonder how the vertigo is treating you now ? I just got back from my bianchi bikeshop and they informed me that the vertigo is no longer being manufactured. I asked why and they said it just wasn't a popular frame. I can't say that is the reason as it is a beautiful stylish bike and still carbon. The one they had had campy and in doing some research I read that the chain stay is somewhat "chunky". I was wanting to know if you had the same opinion. I too was looking at the infinito dama and since I wanted the 2012 version (I'd take a 2013), they only had one and it was too small. they fitted me on the vertigo which is sized a bit differently. I really like either one, but the infinito is my favorite, but somewhat way too pricey for me. the vertigo is pricey, but doable. I hope you can give me a review after you have ridden for a year. Don't even know if you'll see this. Hope so. Thanks!
  • Welcome to the excellently passionate world of Bianchi!!

I have the vertigo (almost had it 12months now) my first ever road bike and i absolutely love it!
    They are making a 2014 model which is going to be priced cheaper (I paid £1500 for Campy Veloce for mine, but on cyclescheme so, about £1k) but the new model is going to have Tiagra and Campy Xenon i think
    article here http://road.cc/content/news/110400-just-bianchi-vertigo
    -
    Anyway, ive ridden over 2000 miles on mine now with no problems whatsoever. If you can afford it I'd upgrade the wheels from the stock Reparto Corse ones, which I believe are Maddux. I managed to get a mint set of Campagnolo Zonda's from eBay for £185 and the difference is amazing. I've also changed my saddle to a black and celeste fi'zi:k one and changed the tape and hoods to black. I too got mine from the BikeShed in Barnstaple who gave me a 2D fit with it in their Spesh Body Geometry lab. Very worth while and has probably contributed to me riding pain and injury free for all this time!
    Enjoy!
    I shall post an updated piccy of mine for you to see!
    2013 Bianchi Vertigo Carbon with Campagnolo Zondas
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.
    ~ Albert Einstein
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    love the current Bianchi bikes
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • SallyT
    SallyT Posts: 9
    Hi there!

Have been eyeing up one of these in a sale and was just curious if it was a 54cm you bought? Am 5'8.5 but with 32' inseam so wondering if it will be big enough?

Lovely looking bike!