Skiing is not cool. Proof.

2»

Comments

• k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    ^ that would be Tim Westwood. A proper tool too.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/QG62pu38twg
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    jim453 wrote:
    He speaks like that geezer who used to present the British version of "Pimp my ride" which was accutely embarrassing as it was allabout tarting up Nissan Sunnys etc and this sad old guy was talking like a bro' from the hood.

Tim Westwood is zero degrees Kelvin compared to Woodsy.

Oh what - the Tim Westwood that is the son of the Bishop of Peterborough? :lol:

Woodsy is obviously trying too hard. In a few years time he'll see these interviews and want to curl up and die!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    Westwood and that skier are full on rich kids playing at being from the hood.

The kid has an excuse though, hes young enough to still believe the slums got so much soul.

Westwood is pretending to be young as well as street.
    OT but similar with the age thing, I went out to buy jeans today and seem to be stuck in the no-mans land that exists between kids jeans WITH CUFFS???They look like denim jogging bottoms. And at the other end of the scale you can buy YOUAREOFFICIALLYDEAD jeans, and look like granpappy yeehah. F@ck i must be old.
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    mattshrops wrote:
    Westwood and that skier are full on rich kids playing at being from the hood.

The kid has an excuse though, hes young enough to still believe the slums got so much soul.

Westwood is pretending to be young as well as street.
    OT but similar with the age thing, I went out to buy jeans today and seem to be stuck in the no-mans land that exists between kids jeans WITH CUFFS???They look like denim jogging bottoms. And at the other end of the scale you can buy YOUAREOFFICIALLYDEAD jeans, and look like granpappy yeehah. F@ck i must be old.

So you went for the cuffs?
  • I like him, in a young/yo yo yo maaan kinda way. Ok so he is a bit of a nimrod but he is excellent at what he does, but it ain't cycling..... :|
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    mattshrops wrote:

YOUAREONLYOFFICIALLYDEAD when you buy stuff from Cotton Traders.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    mattshrops wrote:

YOUAREONLYOFFICIALLYDEAD when you buy stuff from Cotton Traders.

Exalt (it there was such an option!)
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    Youareofficiallydead jeans also come free with a citroen xsara, the choice of the person who has given up. :D

I couldn't bring myself to go with the cuffs #oldman trying toooo hard. (and looking like a cnut- although i have been referred to as a ladies front bottom before now)

Make do with the ones i've got for now.
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • Everyone's a knob at 20. It's the law. Would you want to be remembered for the things you said and did at that age? Besides which, whether you like it or not, he's raked No1 in the world at his chosen sport and undoubtedly gets laid more than the vast majority of old cu*ts on this board (of which I am one, naturally) so I suspect he'd be wetting himself laughing at a bunch of zeros taking the p*ss.
  • Any one with an 'asymmetric hair-do' is an end, as in bell not leg.
  • Just to clear a few things up.

1. He's very good at what he does. What he does is not what the OP took issue with.
    2. The OP took issue because he looks and talks like a tw@. The older/more confused member seem to think he's trying hard to talk street. He's not, nothing like it. He's not Tim Westwood. He's obviously trying to give off the air of a chilled out Californian Xteeem sports dude. Not all annoying youth subcultures are the same, gramps.
    3. Yeah, bit of a tit.
  • jim453
    JamesB5446 wrote:
    Just to clear a few things up.

1. He's very good at what he does. What he does is not what the OP took issue with.
    2. The OP took issue because he looks and talks like a tw@. The older/more confused member seem to think he's trying hard to talk street. He's not, nothing like it. He's not Tim Westwood. He's obviously trying to give off the air of a chilled out Californian Xteeem sports dude. Not all annoying youth subcultures are the same, gramps.
    3. Yeah, bit of a tit.

Thanks for clearing those points up, James.

I actually can't stop watching the 'Woodsy' clip, I'm sure he's a lovely guy and very well meaning but what a knob.
  • Ugh! I once had a mosquito trapped twixt glans and foreskin and it was less annoying.

I think he has reached, and passed, what I term the 'Love is blind' threshold. Namely, were he my son, I would still want to tazer him in the head.

And if that wasn't bad enough, I've just missed WBA's second goal watching Woodsy act the c*nt again.
  • JamesB5446 wrote:
    Just to clear a few things up.

2. The OP took issue because he looks and talks like a tw@. .

You're wrong. The post was entitled "Skiing is not cool. Proof" and it's bollocks. Skiing, especially done that well, is seriously cool. It's the skier that the OP has issues with, although we know from all the other shit that he's posted on the thread that he's just trying to be a "cool" boarder.*

*thus proving himself a bigger knob than the bloke that can actually perform like that.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • jim453
    You're wrong. The post was entitled "Skiing is not cool. Proof" and it's ****. Skiing, especially done that well, is seriously cool. It's the skier that the OP has issues with, although we know from all the other shoot that he's posted on the thread that he's just trying to be a "cool" boarder.*

*thus proving himself a bigger knob than the bloke that can actually perform like that.

Hmmmm. Interesting. Is this the bit you're referring to?
    jim453 wrote:
    I am not, nor have I ever been, a snowboarder, whatever gave you that idea 'mate'?

Can you even read?

Seriously though, are you actually telling me you've watched the footage of the hapless 'Woodsy' and can't see that he's a complete chopper?

This thread just keeps on giving.

I've also begun to notice that the guy in the clip who's apparently in charge of all the 'slopestyle' garbage, Pat Sharples is like a Keith Lemon/Avid Merrion joke character.