Banshee rune

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited October 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hey guys
I've been looking for a nice all mountain frame that is decent enough for downhill (nothing extreme). After some web searches of the Rune, it seems to be what I'm looking for......So here's the question.
I've had my eye on the rock shox totem fork, and I was wondering if that would be a good match with a Rune frame?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Link and link. Depends.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    I would be ok, but overkill IMHO. Lyrik or Xfusion Vengeance or Fox Van would be my choice(s).
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • cooldad wrote:
    Link and link. Depends.
    frame: http://bansheebikes.com/rune
    shock: http://www.sram.com/rockshox/products/t ... erm-id/110
    benpinnick wrote:
    I would be ok, but overkill IMHO. Lyrik or Xfusion Vengeance or Fox Van would be my choice(s).
    I was looking at the lyrik as well. A little less travel but a smaller hole in the wallet. I'm guessing the 180mm on the totem isn't "really needed" on an all mountain frame right? Vengeance looks pretty sweet actually, and fox's are always nice, but definitely more expensive. I guess it will just come down to what I can afford when I make the purchase. Thanks for the suggestions
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Its not just the 180mm, more the extra weight of the 40mm chassis thats a bit ott.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    If you wanna keep the price down you can pick up a (used) Domain 318 for about £150. Lighter than than the Totem.

Looking to build up a rugged AM/Enduro bike too (with above fork) how much do those frames go for?
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I might be wrong but I thought Banshee bikes aren't available in the UK. Their Freeride & DH bikes are rediculously heavy and don't handle too well.
    Domain & Totem have quite different A-C lengths, the Totem is the same length as a Boxxer even though it's only 180mm travel. Totem is also much better damped, though I do like the Domain 318.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    I might be wrong but I thought Banshee bikes aren't available in the UK. Their Freeride & DH bikes are rediculously heavy and don't handle too well.
    Domain & Totem have quite different A-C lengths, the Totem is the same length as a Boxxer even though it's only 180mm travel. Totem is also much better damped, though I do like the Domain 318.

Less than 3kg for a 160mm frame ain't bad though

EDIT - you're right, not listing any dealers this side of the pond
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • I might be wrong but I thought Banshee bikes aren't available in the UK. Their Freeride & DH bikes are rediculously heavy and don't handle too well.

You can get banshee in the UK, there under the 'mythic' label 'cos there were copyright issues with the original name in UK.....
    If you wanna keep the price down you can pick up a (used) Domain 318 for about £150. Lighter than than the Totem.

Looking to build up a rugged AM/Enduro bike too (with above fork) how much do those frames go for?
    Domains are pretty sweet. It would probs be either a lyrik or a domain when I come to buy, depending on how much i've got at the time
    The rune frame makes a fairly hefty hole in the wallet, but there's a deal on ebay i'm currently watching, so fingers crossed