Talk to me about Overshoes

proto
proto Posts: 1,483
edited October 2012 in Road buying advice
I need some new ones, old ones BBB, starting to fall to bits, even older ones (Northwave), not warm enough.

So, recommendations please. Above all, they need to be warm. Waterproof(ish) woould be a bonus.

Ta!

Comments

• northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    I have rapha neoprene type o'shoes. I presume the brand is irrelevant but note that neoprene keeps your feet roasty toasty. Please note however, they are not waterproof, just warm. As with all other o'shoes I have come across, they are a pain in the backside to pull over the shoes!

I have ordered a pair of assos ones to try them out, but my expectations aren't sky high - more driven by a wish to have a couple of pairs to swap round in the bad weather.

Peter
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Planet X - best overshoes I've had. Cheap, they last and easy to get on with a full velcro closure at the back.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Prendas ones seem to be highly regarded.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • beams87
    beams87 Posts: 151
    cougie wrote:
    Planet X - best overshoes I've had. Cheap, they last and easy to get on with a full velcro closure at the back.

+1 - They do the job very well, and look good too. The Velcro closer is also reflective (i've been told) which is a bonus.
    "A beaten path is for beaten men"
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    The PX overshoes are £15 with a huge reflective strip down the back.
    The Rapha are £50 with a much smaller strip. (its not chic to be seen)
    The Assos are £47 with a strip almost as big as the PX ones.