Jamis Durango 2 2011

teejay73
teejay73 Posts: 24
edited October 2012 in Your mountain bikes
Here is my 1st MTB ever, Looking to have some fun on the trails and get my fitness levels up! Not bad for £200 if I do say so myself!

078.jpg

Comments

• I dont know anything about jamis but It looks like a great first mtb. Is £200 the price new?
  • Not £200 new, This was bought locally from a guy who used it for the odd commute to work and got bored so just stopped riding it. He said he paid nigh on £700 for it from Evans which I think is a little shy from the real price, More like £550 ish. Forks are poor tbh (rst omegas), Though the rest of the bike is all good (relative to the price I paid).

They don`t make this bike anymore and I am not sure what replaced it tbh, I do know that Jamis are a usa bike and they have quite a big following over there, Here are the specs of the Durango 2 : http://www.jamisbikes.com/usa/thebikes/ ... rango2.pdf
  • jozeppi
    jozeppi Posts: 40
    Evans still sell this bike they just changed it to the durango comp mines the 2 like yours in brown will post pic soon
  • jozeppi wrote:
    Evans still sell this bike they just changed it to the durango comp mines the 2 like yours in brown will post pic soon

Nice to hear someone else has this bike! What do you think of the bike overall? It is very hard to form an opinion when you can`t find much info on the bike! That said I find this bike very good and responsive on the surfaces I have ridden so far but not put it on any trails as yet.

One thing I noticed is that everywhere I looked on the specs, It shows the bike having a 6061 alu frame but on mine it says clearly at the bottom of the frame as having a triple butted 7005 frame, What does yours say jozeppi? Also do you know how much these were at retail, Can`t believe for one minute that it was a £700 + bike like the previous owner stated.
  • jozeppi
    jozeppi Posts: 40
    I like the bike then i would say that ive got one they where £550 new.its a good all rounder for what i do but ive tweeked mine rock shox reba dual air fsa megaxo crank xt shifters charge spoon seat easton monkey lite bars easton seatpost and stem wtb tyres. And the frame details are conflicting, but it puts a smile on me face