Iphone 4s Stem mounts, waterproof.

Captainlip
Captainlip Posts: 281
edited October 2012 in Road general
I was going to get the integrated sensor and node 2.1 for the bike, but im not really after all the features that they have so its a waste of money, I only need distance, time and average tbh and I will be starting to run strava, So im thinking just run strava for all my needs.

So im looking for a high quality mount for the stem thats waterproof, well made and if it acutally exists recharges the iphone?

Any suggestions guys or experiance with some?

thanks.
MADONE 5.2

Comments

• pinarellokid
    pinarellokid Posts: 1,208
    im really interested in an iphone stem also. but i have an iphone 5

i have alrady tried a top tube stem bag, but i didnt like it.

its a lot of money to fall off so quality is really important.

what does everyone else do when using an iphone ??????

sorry trying not to highjack this thread
    Specialized S Works SL2 . Campagnolo Record 11spd. rolling on Campag Zonda wheels

http://app.strava.com/athletes/881211
  • No its fine, ive had a look myself and there are a few basic mounts but im after something thats secure not going to fall off, and if it exists ......recharges for those long rides
    MADONE 5.2
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    sorry trying not to highjack this thread but can you get an ipad mount as well
  • ShutUpLegs wrote:
    not sorry trying to highjack this thread but can you get an ipad mount as well
    FTFY :)
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • Joeblack
    Joeblack Posts: 829
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    sorry trying not to highjack this thread but can you get an ipad mount as well

Lmao what do you want to do, watch YouTube whilst riding???
    One plays football, tennis or golf, one does not play at cycling
  • I use the Wahoo case - waterproof and hasn't fallen off/broken yet. They do an extender battery and the case has a charging socket, so you could use one of those USB dynamo things.

http://www.wahoofitness.com/Products/Wa ... iPhone.asp

I use Bluetooth4 sensors, so don't need the ANT+ dongle that Wahoo do that's mounted in the(more expensive) iPhone case.

Someone at work uses an OtterBox case and a RAM mount, but it's huge and looks like it would survive a thermonuclear explosion.
  • thefd
    thefd Posts: 1,021
    I have used this for my iPhone it is waterproof and secure, but it is not possible to charge the iPhone with this. I have never seen anything that would allow you to charge the iPhone whilst on the move!
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • bluedoggy
    bluedoggy Posts: 284
    These guys have a brilliant waterproof case. I had one for my iPhone 4S until I upgraded to iPhone 5. No iPhone 5 case yet....
    http://www.ultimate-mobiles.co.uk/mobil ... /apple.htm
    Wilier cento uno.
  • To the OP - what if someone takes a dislike to the colour of your iPhone and shouts racist abuse at you? Will this result in another kicking incident?
  • thefd
    thefd Posts: 1,021
    Fevmeister wrote:
    To the OP - what if someone takes a dislike to the colour of your iPhone and shouts racist abuse at you? Will this result in another kicking incident?
    Come on dude.... We are on a different thread now. Lets leave it!!
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac