Liverpool Chester Liverpool 2013 - Sunday 7 July

Hey folks, just a quick heads-up that registration has now opened for the 2013 Liverpool Chester Liverpool ride on Sunday 7 July.

The website details are somewhat limited at the moment, although they are promoting the using 25, 50 and 90 mile routes. If you've done it before then I guess the routes will be unchanged from previous years, although if you're new to this event then you might want to wait for the routes to be published before registering.

http://pennineevents.co.uk/entrysystem/EventDetails.aspx?id=32

One of the main appeals of this event is the fact that you get to ride through the Mersey Tunnel - they close it to traffic specifically for this event.

I've kind of let it slip to my brother-in-law that I'm going to register for the 90 mile route... not sure what I've let myself in for...!? I've got a fair bit of training to do to get up to 90 miles before next July, although I'm going to be positive... I'll even plan to complete most of the route before the event (as you can ride through the tunnel early at the weekend, albeit sharing road space with other traffic).

My only concern at the moment is that the 90 mile route has to be completed within 7 hours. It works out at an average of just under 13mph, although that doesn't account for any stops. I'd reckon on an average of 15mph to allow for a total of 1 hour for a few stops.

Hope to meet a few fellow forum members too...!
Still trying to convince the missus of the n+1 rule...!

Comments

• Just doing the 50 miler so should have no issues getting back to the tunnel by 15:00
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Should be good fun - I'll be wearing my Claire Balding Appreciation Society Club Kit. :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • First event only doing 25 miles, but hoping to do the Manchester 100km in September. If anyone wants to sponsor me I set up a just giving page for Cancer Research UK a few days ago. (Bit late I know)