Rubber Queen BC or Mountain King II BC Rear Tyre?`

peter_booker2003
peter_booker2003 Posts: 566
edited November 2012 in MTB buying advice
What do you reckon guys.

To go on the rear of my Orange 5 to run alongside the Rubber Queen BC ive got up front?

Cheers

Comments

• ive had experience of both tyres and would go with the rq, i recently went to the new mountain king mk2 protections, and after 2 rides i had 2 pinch flats at the rear running at 30psi, which is 5psi more than what i ran the rubber queens with
  • widge34
    widge34 Posts: 900
    I've had no experience with RQs but I do run the Mk IIs BC protection.i love them, loads of grip. Wouldn't advise them for mud though.
    ----
    Widge.

Bird Zero 2
    Trek Madone 3.5c H2 2013
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    I run the Protection BC MK2 on the back and a BC RQ on the front. Good combo for my local trails. Super amounts of grip at over 30psi on the MK2.
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • Currently running RQ2.4 up front and RQ2.2 at the rear. Perfoming very well, and better imho than the MK2 I was running previously. The 2.4 is rare as hens teeth though - nextdaytyres.com has some in when I last looked. Performed well in mud last week, as well as in the dry, or on wet rocks. A great all-round tyre. only issue I've had with them was on wet clay, and I'm yet to find anything that doesn't clag up on that stuff.
    Bikes:
    Cannondale Killer V 1995 (Promo model) - My first Race bike now converted to a commuter
    Lapierre X-Flow 712 - XC fs rocket
    Pivot Mach 6 - Enduro Machine
    Pinarello FP2 - Roadie
  • widge34
    widge34 Posts: 900
    I run the Protection BC MK2 on the back and a BC RQ on the front. Good combo for my local trails. Super amounts of grip at over 30psi on the MK2.

What psi do you run the MK at Felix?
    ----
    Widge.

Bird Zero 2
    Trek Madone 3.5c H2 2013
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    widge34 wrote:

What psi do you run the MK at Felix?

between 30 & 33 for the MK at the back
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • I have just purchased a new bike each for me and the other half and they both come with Mountain King II on. We will 90% of the time doing trail runs at Llandegla. Will they be OK or would you opt for another tyre. I was recommended Rubber Queen by a friend?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Depends if they are Black Chili, which is unlikely. Standard tyres are pretty rubbish.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools

• That's the first time in a while I've seen them with any stock!
    Bikes:
    Cannondale Killer V 1995 (Promo model) - My first Race bike now converted to a commuter
    Lapierre X-Flow 712 - XC fs rocket
    Pivot Mach 6 - Enduro Machine
    Pinarello FP2 - Roadie