Courier/logistics company for bike delivery

stevenb
stevenb Posts: 717
edited February 2013 in Road general
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a competitively priced courier/logistics company who can collect and deliver a bike for me?
UK mainland pickup and delivery.

My web searches are bringing up all kinds of prices......

Cheers

Steve

Comments

• jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    Parcelforce should be able to offer the better pricing for a sizeable package. Just go in to your local PF with the weight + dimensions and they can price you up.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • Cubic
    Cubic Posts: 594
    I used Paisley Freight to collect and deliver a bike that I sold online. They had a specific bike delivery option, I paid about £30 if I remember correctly. They collected and delivered my bike with no problems.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Get a quote from parcelmonkey
  • Trek Madone 5.9 2012
    Cboardman Team 2011
  • Parcelmonkey gets the thumbs up from me as well. They offer very good prices.

All I will say is do not ship with Night Freight if you can. Collection was 2 days late, delivery was 2 days late, and the only note they le when they tried to deliver was along the lines of "we came to drop your box, but you were out". No reference number and it was just scribbled on a plain piece of paper. Once he got the box he realised the frame was damaged, the packaging had been split open, and the bubble wrap had been taken out.
  • john1967
    john1967 Posts: 366
    Parcelmonkey gets the thumbs up from me as well. They offer very good prices.

All I will say is do not ship with Night Freight if you can. Collection was 2 days late, delivery was 2 days late, and the only note they le when they tried to deliver was along the lines of "we came to drop your box, but you were out". No reference number and it was just scribbled on a plain piece of paper. Once he got the box he realised the frame was damaged, the packaging had been split open, and the bubble wrap had been taken out.

Now you know why they are known as NIGHT FRIGHT :twisted: :lol:
  • simomed
    simomed Posts: 2
    edited August 2014

Hard luck Dude If i Were I'd be so made
    did you complaint about that and try to get some refund or something

Hard luck Dude If i Were I'd be so made
    did you complaint about that and try to get some refund or something

Definitely. I ended up getting half the shipping costs, and the buyer ended up getting all repairs payed for, which I guess couldn't have been better given the situation.
  • I've used ParcelForce via the broker Parcel2Go which is basically the same as ParcelMonkey. It was considerably cheaper to go via them and have it collected from my house than it would've been to take it to the post office!

I have also used Paisley Freight to have a kayak delivered, it came with City Link, again I guess they are just a broker who have deals for packages beyond what the couriers themselves typically offer pricing for.
  • Paisley freight. . Used them several times with no problems.