walkingbootweather Posts: 2,443
edited October 2012 in Commuting chat
Nobody told me we had a communication problem

Comments

• merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    I was just about to post this.
    Likewise, condolences to his family.
    And it sound like some opportunists may have stolen his bike.
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    merkin wrote:
    I was just about to post this.
    Likewise, condolences to his family.
    And it sound like some Low life Mackem Scum may have stolen his bike.

FTFY

Tragic story
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    spen666 wrote:
    Low life Mackem Scum
    FTFY

Seriously Spen, you thought this was an appropriate contribution to the thread?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • spen666
    spen666 wrote:
    Low life Mackem Scum
    FTFY

What do you think the scum who stole a dead man's bike from the accident scene are?

Wonderful lovely nice people?

They are low life Mackem Scum and there is no other appropriate description for them

Twittering @spen_666
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    That's truly appalling. RIP
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    Is the "Mackem" bit necessary? Can't disagree with the rest though.
  • tailwindhome
    spen666 wrote:
    spen666 wrote:
    Low life Mackem Scum
    FTFY

What do you think the scum who stole a dead man's bike from the accident scene are?

They are low life Mackem Scum and there is no other appropriate description for them

Of course there are other appropriate descriptions for them, some of these descriptions don't even warrant your silly regional rivalries.

Before you start, I'm not getting into pages of nonsense on this. The points made and I'm leaving it at that.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • spen666
    spen666 wrote:
    spen666 wrote:
    Low life Mackem Scum
    FTFY

Of course there are other appropriate descriptions for them, some of these descriptions don't even warrant your silly regional rivalries.

Before you start, I'm not getting into pages of nonsense on this. The points made and I'm leaving it at that.

you really ought to get your facts right- To people from Tyneside I'm a Mackem as well.

If you don't want to get involved in nonsense, then stop spouting it.

Twittering @spen_666
  • Where did it say the people in the van were locals?
  • tailwindhome
    nvm

:roll:
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    spen666 wrote:
    spen666 wrote:
    spen666 wrote:
    Low life Mackem Scum
    FTFY

you really ought to get your facts right- To people from Tyneside I'm a Mackem as well.

If you don't want to get involved in nonsense, then stop spouting it.
    Just because it happened in Sunderland doesn't mean Mackems did it, but it's more than likely given their reputation.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Origamist
    Origamist Posts: 807
    Cyclist Stan Coates's bike is returned after fatal Sunderland crash

A cyclist's bike has been handed in to police three days after he died when he was hit by a car in Sunderland.

Stan Coates, 55, of Sunderland, died on Friday after being hit in Burdon Lane after stopping to exchange details with a driver after an earlier collision.

Two men in a van took the bicycle after the first collision but later handed it in after a police appeal.

Police said they believe the men who removed the bike did so "with good intentions".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-20151092
  • veronese68
    Good job nobody leapt to any wild conclusions then.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Welcome to the internet

RIP Mr Coates
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Torvid
    Torvid Posts: 449
    whilst sad that it happened, why do they keep mentioning what the cars involved where?
    Commuter: Forme Vision Red/Black FCN 4
    Weekender: White/Black - Cube Agree GTC pro FCN 3
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Torvid wrote:
    whilst sad that it happened, why do they keep mentioning what the cars involved where?
    :?:
    Don't understand the question.
    At a guess, they need to find out who was driving the car that happened to kill someone.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Torvid
    daviesee wrote:
    Torvid wrote:
    :?:
    Don't understand the question.
    At a guess, they need to find out who was driving the car that happened to kill someone.

They have both people involved
    Northumbria Police questioned the driver of the second car which struck Mr Coates but no arrests were made.
    No one drove off and no one seems to facing any serious charges from it but in both articles they say
    Both cars involved were Vauxhall Corsas
    so why does it matter that they are corsas, it seems odd to have that in there if they arn't looking for anyone.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Okay. Things have developed since I read the report. :oops:
    Your question was still badly written/spelt so as to be incomprehensible. :wink:

To answer it though - much the same as it would have been reported if someone had done something and that person is a cyclist. Bad and lazy reporting.

Or a deliberate inference of boy racers. Still bad.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Torvid
    daviesee wrote:
    Your question was still badly written/spelt so as to be incomprehensible. :wink:

Aside from were for where, which my autofill on the phone seems to like to do for some reason, and I didn't catch because I failed to proof read, I'm not seeing what else is wrong with the question.

I agree it's bad reporting just stuck me as odd and wondered if there was any good reason for it.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    I'm very sorry if I sound stupid here, but is my interpretation correct?

The cyclist (Mr Coates) was in a minor collision with a Corsa and while exchanging details another Corsa crashed into, and killed him?

Then someone else came along and stole his bike (later returning it)?

Condolences to the poor guy and his family - what a terrible series of events.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • veronese68
    I think it said in the first report the bike was taken after the first collision. Sounds more like the van may have witnessed the accident and stopped, then taken the bike with his knowledge.
    Then the second accident took place.
    The fact that it was two Corsas is purely coincidental.
    A sorry sequence of events.
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    I'm very sorry if I sound stupid here, but is my interpretation correct?

The cyclist (Mr Coates) was in a minor collision with a Corsa and while exchanging details another Corsa crashed into, and killed him?

Then someone else came along and stole his bike (later returning it)?

Condolences to the poor guy and his family - what a terrible series of events.

Pretty much, although I would've said they took his bike, rather than stole it. There's no evidence one way or t'other.

Condolences to the family in any case.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.