Slipping Saddle problems

Paule37
Paule37 Posts: 16
edited October 2012 in MTB general
OK....got my lovely Thomson Elite Layback seatpost for my ride...my lovely SDG Duster saddle looks great on it....would be soooo much better if if didn't keep moving forward when i'm riding!!!
Am i missing something here?I like my saddle pretty much as far back as i can get it,with a slight downwards angle....I've adjusted the bolts a few times and it still slips.

Any advice please??!!

Comments

• If it's still slipping, it sounds like you've not got the bolts tight though.

Advice is to tighten up the bolts.
  • Are you sure you are tightening correctly? The thomson is reliant on small adjustments to change the angle of the seat and its easy to over tighten one bolt and leave the other falling way short. Tighten both gently with some wiggle room for the correct angle. Then slowly tighten each bolt in turn. Remember that tightening the rear will drop the nose and vise-versa, and for this to work you must loosen the opposing bolt. Small turns and you will get the hang of it.
  • Paule37
    Paule37 Posts: 16
    yep,its definitely a bolt issue!I shall try again...my main concern is,as i like the saddle pointed downwards,pretty much at 24 degree's....to get to that stage,the back bolt seems to be only just in the postive stop...whereas the front bolt is showing around 6-7mm through the stop...thanks anyway,i shall persevere!
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Paule37 wrote:
    yep,its definitely a bolt issue!I shall try again...my main concern is,as i like the saddle pointed downwards,pretty much at 24 degree's....to get to that stage,the back bolt seems to be only just in the postive stop...whereas the front bolt is showing around 6-7mm through the stop...thanks anyway,i shall persevere!

Down at 24 degrees? Really? Weirdo.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    I which case he's bought the wrong post, the layback will make it even worse.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    cyd190468 wrote:
    I assume he wheelies everywhere.
    FTFY
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • At 24 degrees I'd be more worried about me slipping off the saddle! I'm surprised you can get comfy on that.

Some posts are extremely finicky, and take a while to get sorted properly.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I'd recommend putting your saddle at a less stupid angle, will help no end.