Do I Or Dont I?

Secteur
Secteur Posts: 1,971
edited October 2012 in The cake stop
It's p*ssing it down, grey and windy but i have been planning a ride to the in-laws in Blackpool all week... The hospitality is great there... But how much do i want to get wet to the bone and blown all over...

Comments

• cor that'll be terrible on the coast. stay in and watch the footy. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Secteur
    Hmmmm everything is telling me it'll be a thoroughly miserable 45 miles into a relentless headwind of driving rain...

It's times like this that i think... "What would The Badger do?"
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Secteur wrote:
    Hmmmm everything is telling me it'll be a thoroughly miserable 45 miles into a relentless headwind of driving rain...

It's times like this that i think... "What would The Badger do?"
    Go off the front, create a big time difference and think of the tail wind home?
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Secteur
    Made it.

Possibly THE WORST cycling experience of my life (and that includes the time i fell off and broke my wrist)

Ugh feel like crap
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    daviesee wrote:
    Secteur wrote:

It's times like this that i think... "What would The Badger do?"[/quote]
    Go off the front, create a big time difference and think of the tail wind home?

He'd do the ride, stop part way at any centre for public sector workers, chin someone, continue to your in-laws, make the dining room table into a makeshift podium then make them get on it just so that he could throw them off it.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Secteur wrote:
    Made it.

Possibly THE WORST cycling experience of my life (and that includes the time i fell off and broke my wrist)

Ugh feel like crap

Serves you right for living on the West (wrong) side of the Pennines. Did a club ride today - 68 miles covered. A bit of a headwind on the way back and enough mud at one point to clog my Crud Racers up but otherwise a nice ride - perfect temperature and no rain! :wink:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Secteur
    indeed... truly awful this side of the Pennines :-(

got stopped by a red light and decided to make a fist as my hands were so cold, and water just poured out of my gloves they were so sodden!

My typical average speed for this ride is 18-19mph... today I managed 15.1mph and it felt hard...

Anyway, I'm obviously well 'ard!

;-)