Reviews or info on...

concorde
concorde Posts: 1,008
edited October 2012 in MTB buying advice
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/norco/fluid-lx-2012-mountain-bike-ec031654#features

Reviews and info seems sparse. Anybody know much about it? My bro wants it!

Cheers

Comments

• concorde
    Take that as a no :?
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Concorde wrote:
    Take that as a no :?
    looks like it :lol: , it seems a pretty decent spec for the money though :wink:
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • Never ridden one but looks nice on paper... Not a bad price, SLX 10sp etc.

only thing that lets it down for me are the brakes, but nothing major.

33lb so a touch on the heavy side maybe, but spec and description are more of an all mountain/trail bike so adds up for the price.
  • concorde
    Ok, cheers, pretty much what I thought from looking at the spec. He's not had a bike since he was a kid so if I tell him that's light for a bike, he'll believe me and be none the wiser, make him fitter won't it :lol:

Cheers
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Hi - We had Norco Fluids as part of our bike rental fleet. Its an AM oriented bike in terms of spec but an xc oriented frame in terms of geometry to my way of thinking. Its pretty long in the top tube, its wheels are a little flimsy and for a 140mm it feels a little steep to me. Its a very odd bike as I would nt really want to pedal it any distance or ride it down anything steep. That said, the spec on the one you are looking at is pretty good and its not a BAD bike its just not a good bike.
    Norco revamped their line up last season and the fluid was one I expected to get ditched but it stayed - personally I dont see it has a place with them given the presence of the Sight in their line up but I guess they kept it for a lower end price point.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • concorde
    Ok, thanks, so a bike that doesn't really know what it wants to be. can't find any details on its geometry anywhere!