CAAD10 105 2013

d87francis
d87francis Posts: 136
edited June 2013 in Your road bikes
Hi all,
my CAAD10 finally turned up today. This is not a finished project but for now I have put some 60mm Chinese carbon clinchers on it with Vittoria Open Paves which match the team colours nicely, using swissstop yellow brake pads. I also switched the chain to a KMC x10sl gold and the cassette to an ultegra 11-25, and the handlebar to a 3t ergonova as I find wing bars comfier. From reviewing the snaps I took earlier of a somewhat muddy bike and the pain in my posterior I think the saddle is pointing upwards slightly. I know Cannondale don't like you having steerer/spacers above the stem and plan to cut this down soon and may think about slamming or at least using a shorter headset top seal.
On my last road bike which was nicked over a month ago I used a charge spoon with which I could do easy centuries with no pain, if leveling the saddle doesn't stop the pain I may go back to a spoon or the knife.
bike4.jpg
bike2.jpg
bike3.jpg

Comments

• alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    So nice!
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Ooooh. That is nice....

That saddle is pointing to the sky! You should level it.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • declan1 wrote:
    Ooooh. That is nice....

That saddle is pointing to the sky! You should level it.
    Thanks, I've already leveled it, in my excitement to get out on it this afternoon I didn't notice, although I now have a saw bum. I'm hoping having leveled it the pain will cease as I can't afford my favourite saddle (Charge spoon) for a couple of weeks.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    pretty wild... :D
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    I came to ridicule your bike but it's so nice.... :-(

What are the handlebars? My CAAD9 came with some nasty C3 'ergo' type bars. The shape looks horrendous. Sharp kinks instead of a nice curve.
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • Herbsman wrote:

What are the handlebars? My CAAD9 came with some nasty C3 'ergo' type bars. The shape looks horrendous. Sharp kinks instead of a nice curve.
    I replaced the OEM C3's with some 3T Ergonovas which despite the name don't have an ergo 'kink' in them. Actually the CAAD10's stock handlebar doesn't have an ergo 'kink' either, but it wasn't wing profile so I switched it.
  • Herbsman
    edited October 2012
    d87francis wrote:
    Herbsman wrote:

I replaced the OEM C3's with some 3T Ergonovas which despite the name don't have an ergo 'kink' in them. Actually the CAAD10's stock handlebar doesn't have an ergo 'kink' either, but it wasn't wing profile so I switched it.
    Nah, I've seen the OEM bars on the CAAD10, completely different to the ones that came on my CAAD9.

cannondale-caad9-tiagra-compact-2009-road-bike.jpg

Horrible things. That ^ is the 2009 one though, the photo of the 2010 one that I bought clearly shows CURVED bars... I think I was stitched up

cannondale-caad-9-tiagra-compact-2010-road-bike.jpg
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • Herbsman
    I think I might sell my caad9 buy a caad10. I don't normally get metaphorical boners from looking at bikes but the paint job on this one has given me the urge
  • Like the bike but not a fan of the wheels
  • bails1310
    bails1310 Posts: 361
    notlongnow wrote:
    Like the bike but not a fan of the wheels

:shock:

Wheels look great, especially the white spokes - love them
    Where were they from?
    Kuota Kharma Race [Dry/Sunny]
    Raleigh Airlite 100 [Wet/Horrible]
  • You must have lots of money!
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Love the 2013 team colours. Fantastic. Don't like the wheels though, spokes stand out too much...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    notlongnow wrote:
    Agree - to me those wheels look terrible on that bike.
  • Calpol wrote:
    notlongnow wrote:

+1
  • bails1310 wrote:
    notlongnow wrote:

:shock:

Wheels look great, especially the white spokes - love them
    Where were they from?
    I got them from a chinese ebay seller called carbonwheels2011 for £320 including postage.
  • You must have lots of money!
    Sadly not, I had my 4th bike pinched since 2005 and this is the first time my insurers paid out. There must have been some sort of karma working though as I had built my last bike myself for £500 out of secondhand campagnolo record parts and a 90s japanese shogun frame and my insurers valued it at £1300!
  • Herbsman
    I think the wheels look awesome. Especially the white spokes & hubs. They complement the colour of the frame.
  • Redsteveb
    Redsteveb Posts: 201
    Rollemynot wrote:
    Calpol wrote:
    notlongnow wrote:

+1

Sorry, whilst the bike looks great the wheels really let down the overall look. Perhaps on a black/stealth frame they'd work, but not on this.
  • Herbsman
    Haterz gonna hate
  • Each to their own, I like them and that means the most to me.
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Still my favourite colourscheme in professional cycling. Lovely, lovely bike.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • johnmcg
    johnmcg Posts: 1
    seriously considering getting a caad 10 in the team colours after drooling over these pictures. Great looking bike.

Have you made any further changes? how have the wheels performed? and of course would you recommend this bike?
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    The maize looks healthy...