in brugges... (LONG SHOT!)

mooro
mooro Posts: 480
edited November 2012 in The cake stop
Hi Guys,

My first wandering into the cake stop and its a request for help.

Does anybody actually live or know somebody who does live near or around Brugges in belgium? I am after some tickets for Newcastles match across there a week on thursday and its a bit of a nightmare and i hate to rely on touts.

Of the three of us going I was asked, "hey you are into cycling you must know some belgians..." i dont but thought this might be the best place to look!

Either let me know through here or a PM would be great.
Cheers
PM

PS i have left cake stop with a strong desire to get a tattoo - i didn't expect that.

Comments

• ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Colin Farrell
  • mooro
    Bottled the tattoo, thanks for the suggestion about Colin, i tried him but he wont return my calls,

its a long trip to watch a match in a pub, re-arrange these letters to make a popular curse....
    "BRUGGE"

gnash.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    Jean Claude Van Dam ? Or is he still in rehab ? (The clinic for burnt out has beens who now rely on beer companies and self deprocation just to make a living).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    Newcastle got an extra 900 tickets today, they may have all gone now though

Have you read the police statement about going in the home end ? If not, I suggest you do before trying it, it's on nufc.com

toon army
  • mooro
    cheers for that. for our allocation you need passport photo and more points than i have to apply. I have read the stuff on nufc.com and am hoping my french language, belgian team kit hat and hired tandem (no joke!) for me and mate on Thursday will help us through the police cordons!

going to ring our hotel in the morning to see if we can financially help them to go and get us some tickets.

anyhoo COME ON!!

role on amsterdam final vs Man city - you heard it here first!
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    i'm going for toon v celtic in the final and we're all travelling together on the ferry from North Shields. I'm already thinking about taking me bike and making a week of it

man city could easily miss out on europa cup the way they're going

hope your Brugges trip works out ok and take care, they had a few nutters over here last week

toon army
  • mooro
    toon celtic would be good. just been across to see man city play ajax, and ajax were great! When we were flying out from Luton on the tuesday morning at about 8am there was a big group of celtic fans 'four pints in' threatening to smash up the airport as their plane had been delayed!

also we saw some really grim fighting between mancs and the local dutchies which takes you back to britain in the 80's.

oddly i have never seen fighting at any cycling event i have gone to.
  • mooro
    Didnt manage to get a ticket in the end, but a brilliant trip to a lovely place jammed with really really strong beer.

one of the bar owners got a bit carried away at one point with the group opposite and set off some fireworks in comedy style - not my vid but hilarious / frightening to see.

http://telly.com/GAPRX
    http://telly.com/90RZH
    and the nonchalant clear up....