Stolen Fuji Roubaix 2 from Cathays, Cardiff

nickm926
nickm926 Posts: 35
edited December 2012 in Road stolen
Bike was stolen last night from my back garden in Cathays. This is the most recent picture I have of it...

A6Iu1x7CAAAR6Zb.jpg

It has a Tiagra groupset with an FSA Omega Crankset, Fulcrum Racing 5 wheels and bright yellow Schwalbe Blizzard tyres ready for the winter :( No other distinctive features apart from the tyres.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    My shed was done that night too just up the road in the Colonies, thieving scrotes.
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • There's been a series of shed break-ins lately 'though that's No Sh*t Sherlock to you'. FWIW I had my Cannondale nicked a year back - separate thread today refers. I kept a daily ebay watch/search on Cannondale, regularly searched through Gumtree / Cardiff, trawled round all the cash converters for a good few weeks.

My bike was nicked in November but came up on Gumtree in May. No photo but a really badly written description that a described my bike's unique features but was so badly written that it was obvious the person didn't have a clue what he had. I rang and asked the scrote to sms me a photo - didn't get one. I then reported it to the Police and had a game of round the houses - Roath, Cardiff Central and Whitchurch until one PC called to say that this was a prevalent crime and they would follow up. Unfortunately this was several weeks later and the search produced nothing. Funnily enough when I located my stolen bike last week - see separate thread - the person on it claimed to have bought it from small ads in May.

Keep an eye for it - it may turn up. Good luck.
  • Yeah it sucks, I'm looking online everyday at the moment but got a feeling I will see it around as Cardiff isn't the biggest place... Almost jumped when I saw a white Cannondale earlier with the same tyres I had on mine!
  • carrock
    carrock Posts: 1,103
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MENS-ROAD-RAC ... 2ec39b71c7

A 54CM. Not sure what size your frame is..
  • Yeah seen that one knocking about on there for a while, mines a 58cm and will probably have Fulcrum 5 wheels not the stock ones on that one, appreciate you keeping an eye out though :)
  • When are people going to realize? don't leave valuable goods in your shed. Keep it indoors.