Cateye Uno front light doesn't turn on

Gianluca
Gianluca Posts: 23
edited November 2012 in Commuting general
Hello everyone,

I've recently bought a Cateye HL-EL010 Uno front light on eBay. The item had worked properly for 2 days after that it started to shown some problems. The second night I used it didn't turn off. Only after one hour it turned off by itself, but didn't turn on any more.
I contacted the seller on eBay but haven't received an answer yet. I have the item since one week, and it's a pain have spent £26 and can't use it at all.

It has never been crashed or dropped, simply stop working after only 2 days of use.
I've tried to insert new batteries, but it doesn't help. The problem remain.
Has anybody encounter the same problem? I suppose is a problem of cables, because even if I open the item and push with my finger the connection for turns it on it doesn't work.

Thank you for your time,

Gianluca

Comments

• hey buddy, got the same light, and never had a problem with it at all. make sure the top is screw in properly. also check that the metal pins are making decent contact with the battery. try bending them closer to the battery if that make sense. dont snap them though! also check the black and red wires that run along the battery bracket are still welded onto the top metal plate. lastly check that the battery is mounted + to + and - to -.

if none of that works, its knackered and get a refund. also £26 quid is rather expensive for that light.
  • I was refund and buy a new one. Another Cateye Uno. Great front light for commuting.