Tour 2013

kayo74
kayo74 Posts: 299
edited October 2012 in Road beginners
Anyone booked for the Tour de France?. Booked last night very excited see you in Paris!!!

Comments

• greentea
    greentea Posts: 180
    No, you won't.

I'll be up Alpe d'Heuz :P
  • BlakeysFC
    BlakeysFC Posts: 233
    kayo74 wrote:
    Anyone booked for the Tour de France?. Booked last night very excited see you in Paris!!!

I booked up to go see the Tour for the first time too last night. Absolutely cannot wait!

I'm staying in Pertuis for the first 4 nights and seeing stages 15, 16 and 17, then travelling upto Annecy for stages 18,19 and 20 and then possibly stopping off in Paris on the way back home to see the final stage (Versailles to Champs-Elysees).

For Stage 15 (Givors to Mont Ventoux) and Stage 18 (Gap to Alp D'Huez) I'm planning on claiming a patch up the mountain before the peloton goes up the two mountains, will I need to camp out overnight or will getting there in the very early morning 4/5am be enough to secure me a decent-ish spot?

What stages are you planning on seeing Kayo, just the final stage (Versailles to Champs-Elysees)?
  • Yep, i'll be staying in Valmeiner from 13th til 22nd. Gonna rides lots of Cols & will get a good spot on Alp D'Huez & then on Madelaine day after. Can't wait!!! Come on Froome Dog...