Running Backpacks

100%
100% Posts: 236
edited November 2012 in The cake stop
Hi,

Is there any recommendations on running backpacks? I'm looking for something that I can carry some work clothes, lunch and maybe some lightweight warm bottoms and a lightweight jacket.

I'm trying to get back into training after a too-long period of injury and I want to get some more running into my day, ideally running from the train station to the office. It's not hugely far but I do need some kind of backpack that's suited for running and doesn't move around!

There seems to be a few good-looking options from searching on the web like OOM and Inov-8, but it'd be good to hear some user feedback! :)

Cheers,
Steve

Comments

• GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    I use a Deuter Race-X. I really like it, but I haven't compared it to any others.

click here for details

All backpacks will move around unless they're very tight (unless you have a very smooth running style).
  • 100%
    Thanks for the reply - it looks a pretty good backpack.

I know they'll move around a bit, but having a sternum and waist strap would be an upgrade on my current backpack.

A smooth running style...I wish!

Cheers,
    Steve
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    It comes with a luminous/waperproof(ish) yellow rain cover too.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    +1 for Deuter.

I have the 8l size, I think the smaller the better when moving around is more stable, Mrs T uses the 10l

good price at the mo...

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/deu ... 0#features
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • I use OMM stuff - its top notch and a British brand to boot.
  • I use the Raidlight Endurance 14L, and I have to say that it's the most comfortable rucsac I have ever used. Much more so than my previous OMM and Inov-8 sacs

http://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/ ... ottle.html
    Planet-X SL Pro Carbon.
    Tifosi CK3 Winter Bike
    Planet X London Road Disc
    Planet X RT80 Elite
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    OMM Classic 25L for me. That will fit all your stuff in. Leave your shoes in work if you can - they're heavy.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    cougie wrote:
    Leave your shoes in work if you can - they're heavy.

how do you know how big his feet are? He might have little tiny pixie feet :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Camelbak are very popular for MTBing and a lot of people use a running pack instead of a dedicated riding pack. I don't think ive ever heard of problems with Camelbak either...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Needed a new back pack for the commute. Bought a Karrimor Urban 30 from Sports Direct. It's got waist & sturnam straps, very comfy for £15. :D

http://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-ur ... ack-791033
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • I have a Quechua Trail from Decathlon (they do mail order) and it's great. Various sizes but in the hiking section. Thay have a Kalenji brand in the running section also. Prices very good - nothing over about £35.
    Visit Ireland - all of it! Cycle in Dublin and know fear!!
    exercise.png
  • 100%
    team47b wrote:
    cougie wrote:
    Leave your shoes in work if you can - they're heavy.

how do you know how big his feet are? He might have little tiny pixie feet :D

Haha, not quite! I already leave my shoes at work - carrying them on the bike is no fun! :wink:

Cheers,
    Steve