London bicycle clubs

mk1markfalkirk
mk1markfalkirk Posts: 93
edited November 2012 in Road beginners
Anyone on here in or recommend one in particular?

I'm located fairly central and have never been part of a club before but think its the right move to get more involved in cycling. Thanks :)

Comments

• nick1972
    nick1972 Posts: 144
    Where in London are you located?
  • TakeTurns
    TakeTurns Posts: 1,075
    If you're interested in rides out to Hertfordshire on weekends, club TT's, several club events throughout the year with a friendly bunch, then try out Finsbury Park CC. I've been part of them for 4-5 months now and it's been great.

Just ride along to a club ride to have a taster...
    www.finsburyparkcc.org
  • Thanks for the replies, I'm located in the Camden area. Finsbury park looks good but the meeting point is 20 miles away from me, maybe a bit too much to be practical.
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    London Phoenix has a lot of rides that are north of the city. They also do some training in Regents park, please be in touch.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Any suggestions for SW. Im based in Clapham.
  • ricky1980
    ricky1980 Posts: 891
    british cycling has a resister of all the bike clubs in the country. unfortunately for london they are few and far between!
    Road - Cannondale CAAD 8 - 7.8kg
    Road - Chinese Carbon Diablo - 6.4kg
  • simonm8
    simonm8 Posts: 25
    Yeah i have been looking for a wehilem, and failed to find a club.. Does anyone know any in essex / london border.. Im based in Dagenham so something near by or within 15 miles would be nice?
  • fish156
    fish156 Posts: 496
    simonm8 wrote:
    Yeah i have been looking for a wehilem, and failed to find a club.. Does anyone know any in essex / london border.. Im based in Dagenham so something near by or within 15 miles would be nice?
    http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/clubfinder
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    Any suggestions for SW. Im based in Clapham.

Kingston Wheelers? Plenty of their members on here, seem a very big club with loads of ride options.
  • I'm in SW London.

In the area I'm aware of London Dynamo and Kingston Wheelers who seem to be the biggest and most serious. There's also Dulwich Paragons to the east.

I go out with Barnes CC, we ride hard but have some leisurely stops.

There's also Rapha, London Cycle Workshop and Cattlegrid who organise rides/go out fairly regularly.

Probably a lot more than this but it's a starting point.
  • Near Camden I'd suggest London Pheonix is probably a good starting point.

Near Clapham the big clubs are Dulwich Paragon (based out of Herne Hill Velodrome, <5 miles away) or heading West Kingston Wheelers or London Dynamo (probably closer to 7 miles). Plenty of smaller clubs too.

This is good starting point http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/clubfinder, just stick in your post code and a radius.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Pross wrote:
    Any suggestions for SW. Im based in Clapham.

Kingston Wheelers? Plenty of their members on here, seem a very big club with loads of ride options.
    +1. I'm a member and we have regular rides going out every Sunday covering a variety of pace and terrains, plus plenty of rides on other days of the week. The club offer other things such as weekly socials, trips to the Newport Velodrome, introduction to racing days, training advice as well as organised races and TT's. Pretty much the full spectrum of the cycling scene.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.