my rides-felt and specialized content

thorny88
thorny88 Posts: 34
edited October 2012 in Your road bikes
Hi, just signed up to the forum after being a long time lurker. Ive been riding for three years now and absolutely love it. Thought id show some pictures of my two bikes. Apologies the pics dont conform to the 'rules!' First off is my felt f4:
img0858wn.jpg
Frame: Felt f4 2007
Forks: felt 1.3
Bars: fsa carbon rpo
Stem: fsa os140
Headset: felt
Bar Tape: fsa cork

Front Brake Lever: dura ace 7800
Front Caliper: dura ace 7800
Rear Brake Lever:dura ace 7800
Rear Caliper: dura ace 7800

Shifters: dura ace 7800
Cables: bbb/shimano 105
Front Mech: dura ace 7800
Rear Mech: dura ace 7800

Seat: pro lite san carlo carbon/titanium
Seat Post: felt 1.1 carbon wrapped
Seat Post Clamp: standard

Cranks: fsa carbon pro 175mm
Chainring(s): rpm 53/39
Chain: kmc x10-sl gold
Cassette: ultegra
Pedals: look keo sprint
Bottom Bracket: fsa isis

Front Wheel: mavic cosmic carbone clincher
Tire: schwalbe lugano

Back Wheel: mavic cosmic carbone clincher
Tire: schwalbe lugano

Accessories: bbb bottle cage, custom felt carbon top cap

I built this up last year on a budget as my first forray into carbon frames. Added the wheels this summer and love them to bits. Its now in bits in my room making way for my new dream build that will be ready for racing season next year.

Here is a quick pic of my winter bike, specialized allez 2010, standard apart from pro lite como wheels, crud mud guards, smart/sigma lights,specialized saddle bag and bbb computer. I will soon be swapping all my dura ace 7800 components onto this which will improve it no end, its a great bike though for the wet and muddy lanes, real work horse.
img0849ru.jpg

Please let me no what you think, looking forward to getting involved with the forum, seems a great place.

Comments

• dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    Nice bikes thorny, I find Deep Carbon wheels really make a bike look that bit special. I think they would look just as good on the Specialized.
    Just to join the Carbon vs Al debate, the Felt (carbon) looks a fairly stiff designed frame and the Spec (Al) fairly relaxed, how do you find the rides in terms of comfort and stiffness? Are you able to put the Carbones on the Specialized for a good comparison? Thanks
  • Most definitely, transformed my bike completely. Well the felt is pretty stiff, climbs very well and holds higher speeds easier, whereas the specialized is smoother on the road, a tad comfier but you have to work harder to achieve the same average speeds. It's mainly noticeable when climbing really I feel. The allez is only 8 speed currently until I swap my dura ace 7800 parts, that has a big bearing on how it rides
  • im pretty sure your rear mudgaurd is on wrong
  • Fatini999 wrote:
    im pretty sure your rear mudgaurd is on wrong
    Why? The arms you mean?
  • yea the arms need flipping and placing lower down so that they support the rear of the mudguard better.