Recommend a Helmet / bike camera sub £100

teulk
teulk Posts: 557
edited October 2012 in MTB buying advice
Im looking for a camera for less than £100. Can anyone recomend any ? A wide field of view would be good, decent memory card size etc. Thanks
Boardman Team 09 HT
Orbea Aqua TTG CT 2010
Specialized Secteur Elite 2011

Comments

• felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    You can get a Contour Roam for £120. That's where my money would be
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Good time to buy a Gopro HD as the new one's just been announced... Should be in shops next month so there'll be loads of used ones and probably price drops on new ones (and competitors too, since from the looks of it, it's won camera top trumps)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • teulk
    Thanks for the replies, not really liking the size and shape of the Gopro although it looks to be a excellent camera. Im more after the contour Roam shape cameras. The contour seems to get good reviews too.
    Boardman Team 09 HT
    Orbea Aqua TTG CT 2010
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    teulk wrote:
    Thanks for the replies, not really liking the size and shape of the Gopro although it looks to be a excellent camera. Im more after the contour Roam shape cameras. The contour seems to get good reviews too.

Yup - me too. Gonna get the Roam. 5Mpix, 170°lens, waterproof to 1m etc etc the only option it's missing (compared to the more expensive models) is 720p @ 60fps which would be cool but for £120 I think that's the one for me
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • teulk
    teulk wrote:

Yup - me too. Gonna get the Roam. 5Mpix, 170°lens, waterproof to 1m etc etc the only option it's missing (compared to the more expensive models) is 720p @ 60fps which would be cool but for £120 I think that's the one for me

Doesn't appear to come with a bike mount either - £24 if you want one !
    Boardman Team 09 HT
    Orbea Aqua TTG CT 2010
  • FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    Northwind wrote:
    Good time to buy a Gopro HD as the new one's just been announced... Should be in shops next month so there'll be loads of used ones and probably price drops on new ones (and competitors too, since from the looks of it, it's won camera top trumps)

I think are the cheapest for genuine UK model Go Pro Hero 2 currently - £199.95

Hero 3 'White' & 'Silver' have been in a week now, but 'Black' will be mid November.

Contour Roam 2 will be out soon too.

Also liking the look of the new Sony
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com
  • FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    teulk wrote:
    Im looking for a camera for less than £100. Can anyone recomend any ? A wide field of view would be good, decent memory card size etc. Thanks

Check out Dogcam Bullet HD Wide on YouTube
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com