1998 Marin Team down hill FRS pics/help

mrpedigree
mrpedigree Posts: 22
edited April 2013 in MTB general
Hello guys ,i have recently got my hands on an perfect original factory 1998 team downhill ,i did have a new one in1998,and being a bit of a Marin man i jumped at the chance when i tracked one down that was for sale in mint cond ,since getting the bike I have tried my best to track down some marin or magazine pics of this bike but am coming up empty handed,in fact the only pics that are coming up are my own from other forums where i have asked for the same help :(
But one post came up for a member on this site called (fcumok) in my google search where he said he had a 1998 marin catalogue ? I have PMed him to ask if there any way i can take a look at it or if he would sell it etc
Is there anyone out there that knows anything about this bike or know of any press picture or reviews/or catalogue pics etc ?
I would be more than grateful for any help guys :)
Heres some pics of the bike below .
Picture101.jpg
Picture103.jpg
Picture104.jpg
Picture105.jpg
Picture057.jpg
Picture063.jpg

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    That is rather nice. Try www.retrobike.co.uk they have a section on old brochures etc if I remember correctly, and lots of anoraks who collect stuff.
    Obviously I am not an anorak, and this is just what I've heard.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    That is rather nice. Try http://www.retrobike.co.uk they have a section on old brochures etc if I remember correctly, and lots of anoraks who collect stuff.
    Obviously I am not an anorak, and this is just what I've heard.
    I have asked the same over there but ent had much luck ,thought they might of knew more than what i do but it seems not :o
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    mrpedigree wrote:
    I have asked the same over there but they said "go to bike radar and talk to cooldad, he's well old".

FTFY
  • cooldad
    Everyone's a bloody comedian.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad
    And I am not well old, I am well mature.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • EH_Rob wrote:
    mrpedigree wrote:
    I have asked the same over there but they said "go to bike radar and talk to cooldad, he's well old".

FTFY
    WTF ? :)
  • cooldad
    mrpedigree wrote:
    EH_Rob wrote:
    mrpedigree wrote:

FTFY because I am a cyber punk, or I like to think so. Actually I am a tub of lard in my mommie's basement
    WTF ? :) That's OK I like big boys.
    Hit quote and you can modify what the person wrote
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Dave_P1
    Dave_P1 Posts: 565
    Nice bike and very common on the DH scene many years ago.
  • Dave_P1 wrote:
    Nice bike and very common on the DH scene many years ago.

Thanks mate ,But By all accounts badged as a team it was not common ,the common one was the DH FRS frame that people bought to build up ,apparently very few factory team bikes were imported/sold due to them being over three grand ,i am still digging ,gonna email the place that imported them and see what they know :)
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    Nice bike, looks mint too, its good to see bikes of that age in such good condition.

Good luck finding what you're after.

:)
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • I bought a similar frame off ebay in mint condition i don't know what it is other than a marin an it rides sweet
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    edited October 2012
    EDIT: My bad :oops:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Errm, its the same poster as on here!
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • I have the picture and ones of me racing it if your bothered.
    I rode for Marin/Chevin team and had one of the first, those forks kept cracking :-(.
    let me know duncanmccann(at)diamondback(dot)eu

How much can you pick one up for these days?