Clean tour winners

2»

Comments

• Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    That's true Rick.My first TDF was when Boardman first rode it, I watched it for a good few years then became a teenager and was more interested in other things as often happens at that age... I used to love watching Pantani, Big Mig and Cipolini etc. Sure, those memories are a bit tarnished now I've come back to the sport as an adult but they were still amazing races.

I suppose you have to look at those days in the same way as you would an F1 team. i.e.(And if you'll pardon the pun)It wasn't all about the bike, it was about the science too (Who had the best doctor) I missed all the Armstrong years so it doesn't affect me as much as some people who watched it all at the time as I never really saw the guy race, he's still massively damaged the image of the sport though.

My thought was however if they are prepared to go all the way back to 98 with Lance then how far will they go back as it's not necessarily fair to do him and not say Indurain (Which I hope is not true)
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    slightly off topic but going forward, should ASO allow Contador back in to the race? His links to Marti and his own proven blood tranfusion and clen use in the 2010 season and denials all must make ASO think. The TDF must fear people like Contador will wreck more editions of the race. I hope ASO block him from their events across the board
  • Dave_1 wrote:
    slightly off topic but going forward, should ASO allow Contador back in to the race? His links to Marti and his own proven blood tranfusion and clen use in the 2010 season and denials all must make ASO think. The TDF must fear people like Contador will wreck more editions of the race. I hope ASO block him from their events across the board

I was not impressed to see him called up onto the stage at the Tour presentation. Prudhomme spends 10 minutes railing against dopers, says the Tour is bigger than them, and then calls up Bertie?? I was equally unimpressed with Bertie's very public appearance in the bizarre cookery lesson on stage at the Giro - he was stripped of the 2011 title, for God's sake.

But as Frenchie has pointed out, its all about the money, money, money.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Dave_1 wrote:

I was not impressed to see him called up onto the stage at the Tour presentation. Prudhomme spends 10 minutes railing against dopers, says the Tour is bigger than them, and then calls up Bertie?? I was equally unimpressed with Bertie's very public appearance in the bizarre cookery lesson on stage at the Giro - he was stripped of the 2011 title, for God's sake.

ASo and Prudhomme seems to be sending mixed signals out. Dopers and liars stripped of wins and welcomed back simultaneously :?
  • Dave_1 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

ASo and Prudhomme seems to be sending mixed signals out. Dopers and liars stripped of wins and welcomed back simultaneously :?
    Dopers make them more money