Just a thought..

Insideinfo
Insideinfo Posts: 107
edited October 2012 in Pro race
But i was thinking about all this LA stuff and it hit me. Did he really have testicular cancer? I mean, im reading how he used it to deflect the doping accusations, but could it have been bull and just another bluff? The guys a complete liar so how do we really know if he had it?

I mean, has anyone actually cupped his babymakers and checked? How would anyone really know?

Just a thought.

Comments

• bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    We are, of course, all wondering who your source is for this....
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    Seriously?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • bompington wrote:
    We are, of course, all wondering who your source is for this....

Ha bloody ha :lol:

No seriously, i know it might sound a bit daft, but does anyone REALLY know? He could have made the whole thing up because he knew he had a long term doping plan lined up.
  • Seriously?

Well i dont know, im just asking like. I mean we all believed Tony Blair when he said Iraq had WMDs, it all came out 12yrs later they never did!
  • *sighs*
  • *sighs*

Have you actually seen his left b0ll0ck in a jar then? :?:
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Yes he did.

Next.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Insideinfo wrote:
    *sighs*

Yes, I have. On a trip to Texas back in 98.
  • MWS22
    MWS22 Posts: 6
    The fact that his cancer physician's testimony is included in the USADA's dossier, stating that the cancer drugs could not have provided a performance boost (seriously!), probably means that this is the one thing we can be assured is correct.

Or can we?????
  • Insideinfo wrote:
    *sighs*

Are you sure that wasn't George Bush's brain?
  • Insideinfo wrote:
    *sighs*

Are you sure that wasn't George Bush's brain?

Might have confused it with a hanging chad. So difficult to tell the difference.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    I'm sure he did but I'm also sure that just like you there are many people out there who will now doubt that. The really sad thing is that his ability to return to a tough pro sport (and I would expect he was capable of holding his own in the peleton but not necessarily a contender) after such a life threatening illness is what should have been his real legacy has now been destroyed.

oh well, you live(strong) and learn...
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    So you reckon Betsy Andreu might have been lying after all, having sat at LA's sick bed ???????
  • Insideinfo wrote:
    Well i dont know, im just asking like. I mean we all believed Tony Blair when he said Iraq had WMDs, it all came out 12yrs later they never did!
    Speak for yourself :P

The Lance not having cancer at all thing is a little far fetched, did he fake the whole hospital room incident? I know that some people trot out the idea that PEDs gave him cancer in the first place. Whatever it doesn't really matter to me. The fact is the man used cancer as a way of yellow-washing his achievements and any criticism, whether he had it, or whether his own behaviour contributed to it does not excuse his subsequent behaviour or the behaviour of the governing body.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    edited October 2012
    Insideinfo wrote:
    Speak for yourself :P

The Lance not having cancer at all thing is a little far fetched, did he fake the whole hospital room incident? I know that some people trot out the idea that PEDs gave him cancer in the first place. Whatever it doesn't really matter to me. The fact is the man used cancer as a way of yellow-washing his achievements and any criticism, whether he had it, or whether his own behaviour contributed to it does not excuse his subsequent behaviour or the behaviour of the governing body.

^ what he said.

His return from cancer story could have made a decent story - plenty still trotting out the 'yeah but he came back from cancer and rode a pro' - yes he did, doped. As it stands I couldn't give a sh*t about him or his cancer, and anyway surely once youve had the all clear you function as healthily as a normal human being? so its not really that remarkable then? Also survival rate of testicular cancer is around 98% - with Lance being young and extremely fit, the chances of it finishing him off couldn't have been very big. I don't like the whole 'yeah but he had cancer' thing, so f*cking what, My gran had it, she lived to tell the tale, she didn't then go and ruin a decade of sport, bully the sh*t out of everyone, cheat, lie, rob...etc etc
  • ...and anyway surely once youve had the all clear you function as healthily as a normal human being?...

Tell that to the castrated testicle. It deserved a life! :cry::lol:

And just so you's all know I'm a sans testes member of the species.
  • Im not saying it was all made up i simply wondered if it could have been, i havent read the US report but if its all in there then fine.
    I guess the real point im raising is the usual one of hes obviously lied for 12 yrs about the doping so its natural to assume he could have lied about everything else in his life.

Despite what hes done with doping etc, i wouldnt wish cancer on him or anyone for that matter.
  • Insideinfo wrote:
    I guess the real point im raising is the usual one of hes obviously lied for 12 yrs about the doping so its natural to assume he could have lied about everything else in his life.

I see what you are saying. With proven liars (especially those who carry on lying in the face of a mountain of evidence) it becomes hard for people to know where the lies end and the truth begins, people tend to question the validity of everything the person does or says. I guess this is one reason why Coyle insisted on verifying everything in Hamilton's account. It's effectively the same as the boy who cried wolf. Anyway I'm glad Lance is not my significant other, I'd never trust the answer to "does my bum look big in this" ever again.
  • Insideinfo wrote:

I see what you are saying. With proven liars (especially those who carry on lying in the face of a mountain of evidence) it becomes hard for people to know where the lies end and the truth begins, people tend to question the validity of everything the person does or says. I guess this is one reason why Coyle insisted on verifying everything in Hamilton's account. It's effectively the same as the boy who cried wolf. Anyway I'm glad Lance is not my significant other, I'd never trust the answer to "does my bum look big in this" ever again.

Just so you know, your bum does look big. In anything. :wink:
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • Insideinfo wrote:

Just so you know, your bum does look big. In anything. :wink:

Thanks for the honesty! I really chose the wrong sport if I'd wanted a small bottom :(
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    MWS22 wrote:
    The fact that his cancer physician's testimony is included in the USADA's dossier, stating that the cancer drugs could not have provided a performance boost (seriously!), probably means that this is the one thing we can be assured is correct.

Or can we?????

EPO is a cancer drug :wink: Or was that your point :D sorry if it was!