2nd puncuture in a week........

jbellj
jbellj Posts: 9
edited November 2012 in The workshop
2 punctures in a week, on my Decathlon Triban 3 - any recomendations for bomb proof road bike tyres (at a reasonable cost :D )?

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Size?

It's possible you picked up a shard at the same time as the first puncture and it's just worked it's way through.....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    I've only had pinch flats on my front Gatorskin (lost the rear to a large chunk of glass) and my Kevlar wrapped Snow Studs have never punctured.

When I was fairly new to daily commuting I had a run of three punctures at around the same place on the tube. Turned out to be a small bit of wire I hadn't removed.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • For a road bike I'd recommend Schwalbe Durano Plus. They're not cheap but can you put a price on peace-of-mind?
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Schwalbe Marathon Plus
    Schwalbe Durano Plus
    Continental Gatorskin
    Vittoria Rubino Pro

Take yer pick between the bottom 3 pretty much. Schwalbe Marathon Pluses are generally recognised as the bomb-proof tyre. Experiences between the rest of them will no doubt vary (you'll find someone that hates one tyre; the next bloke along will love them).
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • leeefm
    leeefm Posts: 260
    I'll second the durano plus. Been using them for 3 years and they're great. A bugger to get on the rims though, but I've only had a few punctures in them, and they roll pretty quickly for such a tyre. A friend of mine just wore out his last set of marathon pluses over several years of riding, and guess what? Zero punctures...
    Shand Skinnymalinky
    Argon 18 Radon
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Conti gator hardshell as well.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    Conti gator hardshell as well.

Not sure about that, 3rd puncture tonight in as many months since fitting it, thankfully only a 5min walk from home but it means I've got to look at it in the morning.