Why did they sing?

josame
josame Posts: 1,141
edited October 2012 in Pro race
Why, if the evidence was quite reliant on testomony, did the riders start singing?

Even the promise of an out of season ban is no incentive - if they all keep mum. :roll:
'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'

Comments

• slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    A conscience, paving the way for a money spinning book, the heat was put on them, could have been for lots of reasons.
  • bipedal
    bipedal Posts: 466
    federal investigators threatening custodial sentences for perjury?
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,141
    all good points .. thanks, just wondered
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,231
    This
    DHHS_FDA_OCI.jpg

and this
    HandGunRestingOnWhite_jpg_800x1000_q100.jpg
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    I think the Feds worked a clever one on them, getting enough details from Landis initially to then go to each of them individually and suggest that everyone else was co-operating and had spilled all, except them, so if they didn't talk the book would be thrown at them alone.
  • Why did they sing?

Obviously wanted to belt oot a bit of a toon.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Why did they sing?

Obviously wanted to belt oot a bit of a toon.
    What have us Geordies got to do with it :shock:
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    andy_wrx wrote:
    I think the Feds worked a clever one on them, getting enough details from Landis initially to then go to each of them individually and suggest that everyone else was co-operating and had spilled all, except them, so if they didn't talk the book would be thrown at them alone.

I agree with the Game Theory angle to an extent, but also I think in these guys genuinely wanted to get it off their chests. Most seem to have gone clean and wanted to foster the improving culture in cycling.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • They didn't want to go to jail
  • The likes of Michael Barry weren't threatened with jail. He was approached in the last couple of months by USADA - after he announced his retirement - and invited to talk to them. He and some of the others didnt testify to the Feds, they were all subsequent to the Fed investigation. USADA dont have the gun and badge power of the Feds.