Who is Jose Ibarguren?

powerbookboy
powerbookboy Posts: 241
edited October 2012 in Pro race
Looking at Boonen's remarkable resurgence this year, Belgian Phil's utter crushing of everyone last year and relative disappearance this year, I have to ask, who the f*** is Jose Ibarguren?

Anyone who's a statistician fancy plotting a team's UCI points scored against Dr transfers? And yes Sky, rightly or wrongly I'm also thinking of you.

Comments

• Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    edited October 2012
    Lefevre and OPQS get a remarkably free ride from both the media (apart from the French media in the spring, which lasted for just a couple of weeks) and the Twitterati, over Ibarguren Taus - especially compared to Brailsford and Sky with Leinders

And before anyone starts on the 'that's because Sky shouted about being a clean team from the start', sorry I dont buy that as a reason not to probe the situation with OPQS and Ibarguren Taus. His employment with teams such as Saunier Duval....jeez...

see a blog written in Apr
    http://tourdejose.com/2012/04/08/dr-iba ... us-doctor/

and by the way the usual suspects amongst the Twitterati - the very same who scream about Sky - absolutely crushed the author for writing this blog...

'love pseudo wooden flooring*, hate the Murdochs'
    (quote from someone much cleverer than me)

*corrected thanks to Mr B&Q aka ddraver :wink:
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Do QuickStep do wooden Floors? I thought they were in the fake/laminate flooring game (they seem to be in Holland anyway)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,100
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • I'm beginning to think (I'm slow, sorry) I should support teams and riders on the basis of the medical staff they employ, rather than the riders themselves. Ridiculous.

Anyone know if Garmin's Dr are supposed to be clean, or do they also stink? I'd be really really depressed if they have the stench of death about them. I can live with riders coming back from bans, but Drs? Sorry, no.

They aren't uneducated, naive, or bound by financial circumstance. These are intelligent and generally older people who have other options open to them if cycling closes it's door on them...
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,100
    I'm beginning to think (I'm slow, sorry) I should support teams and riders on the basis of the medical staff they employ, rather than the riders themselves. Ridiculous.

Anyone know if Garmin's Dr are supposed to be clean, or do they also stink? I'd be really really depressed if they have the stench of death about them. I can live with riders coming back from bans, but Drs? Sorry, no.

They aren't uneducated, naive, or bound by financial circumstance. These are intelligent and generally older people who have other options open to them if cycling closes it's door on them...

Garmin have Prentice Steffen, booted out of US Postal when he reported to management that he'd been approached by riders seeking advice on PEDs. Subjected to a campaign of intimidation by Armstrong for repeating the allegation at the time of the L'Equipe 1999 EPO story which cost him his job at TIAA-Cref. Behind Garmin's no needle policy. His credentials are pretty much spot on.

It even seems he even had the idea for Floyd's whistle blower law suit way back in 2006...

http://www.sfweekly.com/2006-02-22/news/doping-scandal/
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • Impressive. Thanks for posting, Dead Calm