Brad Wiggins' twitter

rickyrider
rickyrider Posts: 294
edited October 2012 in Pro race
Folks - is it me or has Wiggo deleted his Twitter account?

Comments

• Yup, not there. Hopefully, he's seen sense and got out.
  • According to Ned Boulting on Twitter he has. He got some grief on twitter for not commenting on the current situation, but I think that's a tad unfair. He has done a couple of interviews and he is allowed some time away from the sport that is his job.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    It also happened just when his tax affairs were in the Mail
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    iainf72 wrote:
    It also happened just when his tax affairs were in the Mail

thought he closed it a few days before.

Given the Mail has gone after every sports star/celebrity (wasn't Chris Hoy previously targetted?) pretty sure the tax thing is the least of his worries given it's legal and common practice.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    It's not like he was a regular tweeter anyway...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • He never seemed that easy with using it tbh honest so I'm not surprised.
  • Well done Wiggo. I cant stand Twitter, never been on it, everyone wanting their 15 minutes of fame. I like Wiggo as much as the next guy but i dont need to know what hes had for dinner or if hes taking a dump.
  • ddraver
    Insideinfo wrote:
    I cant stand Twitter, never been on it

Brilliant! :lol: You ll forgive us if we ignore the rest of the post then!
    - @ddraver
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Insideinfo wrote:
    Well done Wiggo. I cant stand Twitter, never been on it, everyone wanting their 15 minutes of fame. I like Wiggo as much as the next guy but i dont need to know what hes had for dinner or if hes taking a dump.

Twitter is very valuable for somebody like me looking to market something, otherwise meh, it's a bag of sh*t full of people talking sh*t.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Vino removed his twitter feed too, some of his tweets were classic...
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,179
    Insideinfo wrote:
    Well done Wiggo. I cant stand Twitter, never been on it, everyone wanting their 15 minutes of fame. I like Wiggo as much as the next guy but i dont need to know what hes had for dinner or if hes taking a dump.

Twitter is very valuable for somebody like me looking to market something, otherwise meh, it's a bag of sh*t full of people talking sh*t.

It's also very good for people who are in the know to let us mere mortals know all the latest facts such as the surprise team a top cyclist is about to sign for. On that basis I'm amazed Insideinfo hasn't got an account.
  • Pross wrote:
    Insideinfo wrote:

It's also very good for people who are in the know to let us mere mortals know all the latest facts such as the surprise team a top cyclist is about to sign for. On that basis I'm amazed Insideinfo hasn't got an account.

I dont need a Twitter account to let people know my inside info :-) i've got you lot!

I would rather tell it here first, the people i love, the people i care about, the people who will kick me when im down because my info is wrong :lol:
  • nathancom wrote:

Vino has never been on Twitter. But there have been a few very funny fake Vinos. :lol:
  • ddraver
    It's a shame Tweeter Sagan stopped too, He was brilliant!
    - @ddraver
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    Insideinfo wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Insideinfo wrote:

I dont need a Twitter account to let people know my inside info :-) i've got you lot!

I would rather tell it here first, the people i love, the people i care about, the people who will kick me when im down because my info is wrong :lol:

You should try it, you could become the Duncan Jenkins of cycling. I can imagine Sean Yates turning up on your doorstep demanding you reveal your sources.
  • nathancom wrote:

I liked Nibali's tweet the other day, "Tweet" :lol: