Mismatched brands

2»

Comments

• Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    I have ITM bars and a Deda stem, I feel dirty
  • Bikequin
    Bikequin Posts: 402
    Is it fair to blame Specialized for the introducton of "Allez Man" to our commutes?
    You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quin.
  • alidaf
    alidaf Posts: 147
    itboffin wrote:
    Yes so we can all benefit from the good stuff for a fraction of the cost.

What would Linux be if it wasnt for all the hatdwork that went into unix , and boy have the various owners of Unix patents over the years tried to kill the little guy.

Its never the actually product that matters its the delivery.

Yay, another linux user.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,960
    alidaf wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Yes so we can all benefit from the good stuff for a fraction of the cost.

What would Linux be if it wasnt for all the hatdwork that went into unix , and boy have the various owners of Unix patents over the years tried to kill the little guy.

Its never the actually product that matters its the delivery.

Yay, another linux user.
    What are the odds that both of you would be cyclists?
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Balanced has been semi restored I just bought a 3T doric pro seat post to match the stem on my Trek.

Now all I need is some Zipp bars and seatpost to go with say .....a new bike :roll:

I'm off to Salisbury in about an hour I just hope the local Cervelo dealer doesn't have any crazy offers :?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    Done, all matching again now all i need to do is make somemore room in the garage :?
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    itboffin wrote:
    Done, all matching again now all i need to do is make somemore room in the garage :?

Are you and JonGinge going to have matching steeds?
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Is it cheap, is it good, does it fit, yes to all then I buy it, I don't give a monkeys about matching brands.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • alidaf wrote:

Yay, another linux user.
    What are the odds that both of you would be cyclists?
    1:1?
  • itboffin
    Asprilla wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Would seem that way however mine will be finished with Campag his with SRAM i think and I wont be running any deep rim wheels ....or will I ...? :lol:
  • twist83
    twist83 Posts: 761
    If you spend over £2-3 for some shower gel to wash your balls then you need to have a word with yourself ;)

Genuine question do you honestly believe that Wang and the like shower gel is anything but grossly over priced?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    JamesB5446 wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:
    I have mixed Campy and Shimano on my Road bike.

:lol:
    Scum.
    and proud.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • asprilla
    itboffin wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Would seem that way however mine will be finished with Campag his with SRAM i think and I wont be running any deep rim wheels ....or will I ...? :lol:

Ohhhh, saucy.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    BigMat wrote:
    The only no-no is matching Campag and Shimano. That's like putting your Pearl Jam CDs on the shelf next to your Nirvana ones...
    I mix Campag and Shimano on my 3 bikes and it all works perfectly. :twisted:
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    itboffin wrote:
    Anyway am I taking this too serious?
    Yes! :wink:
  • itboffin
    twist83 wrote:
    If you spend over £2-3 for some shower gel to wash your balls then you need to have a word with yourself ;)

Genuine question do you honestly believe that Wang and the like shower gel is anything but grossly over priced?

Nope but I like it so that's fine by me, of course if someone made a gt85 smelling fragrance ....
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    twist83 wrote:

You've not tried Mint Sauce shower gel have you? :mrgreen:
  • asprilla
    iPete wrote:
    twist83 wrote:

You've not tried Mint Sauce shower gel have you? :mrgreen:

I've been using it for years. Unfortunately you become immune to it quite quickly.

At uni a number of lady friends discovered it in the shower and spent quite some time in there....
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • The XXXX mint shampoo is a bit stronger.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    JamesB5446 wrote:
    The XXXX mint shampoo is a bit stronger.

<runs off to get some XXXX>
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills