Magura HS11 / HS33 fitting - Trials

chimp007_uk
chimp007_uk Posts: 13
edited October 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
I'm trying to fit some HS11's to my trials bike (the bike got mothballed about 10years ago when I learnt to drive). I've come up against a couple of issues...

I'm currently using Evo adapters, with the front mounted booster, however the booster is too narrow!

Tyre - 2.35" (~60mm)
Rim - 39mm
Distance between the canti bosses - 90mm
Gap on booster - 58mm

I broke one of the adapters fitting the front brake, so looking for a replacement and was made aware of the evo2 adapters that tartybikes do.

large_evo2mount.jpg

Just want to be 100% that the evo2 mount and boosters will fit.

Anyone had any experience?

Comments

• bikaholic
    bikaholic Posts: 350
    Not sure why you're having trouble with your current setup.

On this MTB, a 26x2.35 tyre, even with wider rims, would fit inbetween the forks and brake setup.
    The pictures actually show a 26x2.0 tyre but I have checked using a 26x2.35 Kenda Nevegal on a Sun Ditch Witch rim.

hs33_raceline_01_zpsd4ef0862.jpg
    hs33_raceline_02_zpsaf37d875.jpg

Of course, you would have to grind away the tabs that protrude inwards towards the rim on the booster and, you may have to deflate the tyre in order to get it past the narrowest point (at where the elbows of the mounts touch the frame = 58mm), but it will work fine.

Evo1 mounts have the elbows to prevent them from rotating about the canti bosses, whereas the Evo2 mounts uses a backing plate (looks like a big rectangular booster) that does the same job as well as adding extra rigidity to the booster function.

The boosters are cross compatible or can be made to be so.
  • Thanks for that!

As you've got yours mounted, is how I had mine. I've swapped the mounts round so the flat face of the mount is closer to wheel and the boosters fit (providing I grind off the un-needed tab). Problem is, I was looking to get Evo2 mounts to replace my snapped front mount and they have the backing plate, but I'm not sure what canti-boss spacing they'll fit. I've emailed tartybikes, as I was flat out today but no reply yet.