I'm in need of a replacement crank arm

tkd7
tkd7 Posts: 2
edited October 2012 in Commuting general
Hi all,

My left crank arm has decided to give up on me and I need a replacement asap. I took it to the LBS tonight on the way home but they don't have any in stock and as I commute everyday really need a replacement yesterday :?

I've tried searching on the internet but am struggling to find anywhere which sells the left crank arm. Has anyone got any suggestions as to where may have them. I'm specifically looking for Shimano 175 FC-2300/2303/2350 in black.

Any help would be much obliged. Get's a little tedious having to stop every 5 mins to tighten it up :(

Cheers

Gary

Comments

• fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Try SJS cycles as they sell individual cranks and have some old stock.
  • centimani
    centimani Posts: 467
    Be aware if you buy something, anything, that doesnt match the original, just to get you going...the square taper can be offeset in different cranks (if that makes sense)
    My son broke a L/H crank on my hybrid. I found a crank in my box that kinda looked the same, i thought that'll do...till i fitted it, to see one crank at say 12 oclock...and the other at 3 oclock :shock: Oh.....the square tapers differ.
    Not likely in your case OP, but just in case...
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Shimano and Truvativ are 90 deg apart. Shim will be fine.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    cooldad wrote:
    Shimano and Truvativ are 45 deg apart. Shim will be fine.
    FTFY, 90 degrees - on a square taper? Think about it!

I'm pretty sure I have a spare black LH Shimano arm - 175mm, PM me if your interested.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.