How do girls know?

SimonAH
SimonAH Posts: 3,730
edited October 2012 in Commuting chat
To tug down the hem of their top because from thirty feet behind them you are taking a quick appreciative glance at their, ahem, assets?

Does a slightly lecherous glance make ladees ears vibrate or something?
FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,362
    They have ESP and all sorts of other stuff. You should know better than to question such things. Besides, assuming a bloke is a lecherous perv is a pretty safe bet.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    You just kind of know. It's weird, but comes in handy.
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Girls know everything, they just do. Not much of it is necessarily right but they know anyway. Live with that fact and life becomes a lot easier.
  • SimonAH wrote:
    To tug down the hem of their top because from thirty feet behind them you are taking a quick appreciative glance at their, ahem, assets?

I think it's normally the blaten oggling, that does it.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    thing i dont understand is

chicks wear low cut tops

guy looks at said chick

chick catches guy looking

chick attacks guy
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • veronese68
    mudcow007 wrote:

chicks wear low cut tops

guy looks at said chick

chick attacks guy
    I find its not the looking that upsets them, it's more the drooling.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Veronese68 wrote:
    mudcow007 wrote:

chicks wear low cut tops

guy looks at said chick

chick attacks guy

And the standing on tip-toes....
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Its when I make a face like Albert Steptoe that really gives it away.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Veronese68 wrote:
    mudcow007 wrote:

chicks wear low cut tops

guy looks at said chick

chick attacks guy

And the standing on tip-toes....

and the peering through their window.
  • BigLights
    BigLights Posts: 464
    Actually I had a very interesting visiting lecture from a boffin scientist at school....yeeears ago, but I remember it vividly. He argued his case incredibly eloquently, and at length. Basically he called it 'morphic waves', an energy transfer spectrum that we have not yet discovered. He had been running a lot of experiments (like with dogs knowing when owner is coming home, without phoning home. Or twins knowing when another is in trouble. Or a lady turning round to stare at YOU in the eyes, out of 10k people, when you've been staring at her bum). He argued that a human is capable of communicating over very long distances, similar in manner to radiowaves, but on a spectrum we have not discovered yet. I have to say his theory was beguiling.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    BigLights wrote:
    Actually I had a very interesting visiting lecture from a boffin scientist at school....yeeears ago, but I remember it vividly. He argued his case incredibly eloquently, and at length. Basically he called it 'morphic waves', an energy transfer spectrum that we have not yet discovered. He had been running a lot of experiments (like with dogs knowing when owner is coming home, without phoning home. Or twins knowing when another is in trouble. Or a lady turning round to stare at YOU in the eyes, out of 10k people, when you've been staring at her bum). He argued that a human is capable of communicating over very long distances, similar in manner to radiowaves, but on a spectrum we have not discovered yet. I have to say his theory was beguiling.

If it was morphic resonance, sounds like it was Rupert Sheldrake.
  • merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    SimonAH wrote:

If you look like your avatar she probably felt uneasy when you first when past.
    Then when she heard you go "phwoooar!" She probably felt really scared.
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    So who was the cyclist who was eyeing up my g/friend outside Morley College/Westminster Bridge Road last Thursday that nearly crashed because he wasn't looking where he was going as she adjusted her top?

She was quite chuffed as it was 2 days past her late 40 something's birthday (although she doesn't look her age anyway) :)
  • veronese68
    Pufftmw wrote:
    So who was the cyclist who was eyeing up my g/friend outside Morley College/Westminster Bridge Road last Thursday that nearly crashed because he wasn't looking where he was going as she adjusted her top?

She was quite chuffed as it was 2 days past her late 40 something's birthday (although she doesn't look her age anyway) :)
    It wasn't me, but I sympathise with the poor chap. Adjusting your top is plainly unfair. If it makes her feel good I will of course be glad to look her over, but only for health reasons.
    Staring at women’s breasts is good for men’s health and makes them live longer, a new survey reveals. Researchers have discovered that a 10-minute ogle at women’s breasts is as healthy as half-an-hour in the gym. A five-year study of 200 men found that those who enjoyed a longing look at busty beauties had lower blood pressure, less heart disease and slower pulse rates compared to those who did not get their daily eyeful.

Dr Karen Weatherby, who carried out the German study, wrote in The New England Journal of Medicine: “Just 10 minutes of staring at the charms of a well-endowed female is roughly equivalent to a 30-minute aerobics workout. Sexual excitement gets the heart pumping and improves blood circulation. There is no question that gazing at breasts makes men healthier. Our study indicates that engaging in this activity a few minutes daily cuts the risk of a stroke and heart attack in half. We believe that by doing so consistently, the average man can extend his life 4 to 5 years.”
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Dr Karen Weatherby, who carried out the German study, wrote in The New England Journal of Medicine: “Just 10 minutes of staring at the charms of a well-endowed female is roughly equivalent to a 30-minute aerobics workout. Sexual excitement gets the heart pumping and improves blood circulation. There is no question that gazing at breasts makes men healthier. Our study indicates that engaging in this activity a few minutes daily cuts the risk of a stroke and heart attack in half. We believe that by doing so consistently, the average man can extend his life 4 to 5 years.”

Oh I don't know. After a few minutes oggling I might quite fancy a stroke. :wink:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • They don't know. It's just likely that if you have a lovely bum that someone will be staring at it. Trust me, I know.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    They don't know. It's just likely that if you have a lovely bum that someone will be staring at it. Trust me, I know.
    Get caught looking a lot then? :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    BigLights wrote:
    He had been running a lot of experiments (like with dogs knowing when owner is coming home, without phoning home. Or twins knowing when another is in trouble. Or a lady turning round to stare at YOU in the eyes, out of 10k people, when you've been staring at her bum). He argued that a human is capable of communicating over very long distances, similar in manner to radiowaves, but on a spectrum we have not discovered yet. I have to say his theory was beguiling.

is this like when your sitting in your car an suddenly decide to look at the car next to you, who is staring at you??
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • BigLights
    BigLights Posts: 464
    rupert Sheldrake could very well have been the chap...I can't remember his name. This was like 20 years ago but I do remember the lecture vividly and his interweb ponderings are very consistent. It's an interesting theory.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    BigLights wrote:
    rupert Sheldrake could very well have been the chap...I can't remember his name. This was like 20 years ago but I do remember the lecture vividly and his interweb ponderings are very consistent. It's an interesting theory.
    Absolutely - I bought the book thirty years ago after Nature published an editorial about it, titled ""A book for burning?" - interest has waned somewhat since then. Anyway, thanks for reminding me of it!
  • daviesee wrote:
    They don't know. It's just likely that if you have a lovely bum that someone will be staring at it. Trust me, I know.
    Get caught looking a lot then? :wink:
    They're just playing hard to get with the restraining order and that.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    SimonAH wrote:

If you're behind them then what assets are you looking at?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    SimonAH wrote:

If you're behind them then what assets are you looking at?

So you would purely be a 'breast man' then DDD, and when women percieve that you are casting an appreciative glance at their chesticles their immediate reaction is to tug down their top? Wish I had your juju dude! :-D

Ass-ets DDD, left peach and right peach old chap!
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    I'd imagine that having men letch at them all their lives gives them more insight into the male psyche than they would care to have.

Try learning how to pick up girls at the gym instead (yes, it's safe for work)
    FCN = 4