POLL: Hands up who's won as many TDF's as Lance Armstrong

mfin
mfin Posts: 6,729
edited October 2012 in Pro race
A quick poll

Comments

• I have won the same amount of tours as him, but more races in total.
  • oooh, oooh, me! I've won as many Tours as LA! 8)
  • Last week I lost a pub quiz by saying Lance hadn't won the tour de france, and with it the £45 prize.

People don't seem to realize quite how far reaching and serious the implications of his cheating go.

Now it turns out I was right all along and someone owes me 45 quid!
  • Zososimo wrote:
    Last week I lost a pub quiz by saying Lance hadn't won the tour de france, and with it the £45 prize.

People don't seem to realize quite how far reaching and serious the implications of his cheating go.

Put in an appeal to CAS
  • B3rnieMac
    B3rnieMac Posts: 384
    does playing TdF 2011 on PC count?
  • mfin
    Zososimo wrote:
    Last week I lost a pub quiz by saying Lance hadn't won the tour de france, and with it the £45 prize.

In 2004 I sold my house and put the £74,500 on Lance not to win the TDF.

Since then Ive broke been living in a cardboard box under a local railway bridge.

One night I was so cold I burnt the betting slip to keep warm.

Now Ive just come out of WIlliam Hill to tell them the news and the girl told me to f**k off, and Pat's telling me to forget about it? :evil:

My internet access to my 'home' has been via a shoplifited USB dongle at an rather expensive £24.50 a month a contract. Luckily I've covered the next couple of months of this as the other week I won £45 in a pub quiz.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Zososimo wrote:

Good on you Sir! That's the kind of person we want in the UCI!!! :lol:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Zososimo wrote:

Gather together with fellow sufferers in the USA and start a class action suit against LA. I bet you would win...
  • I have won as many Tours as Lance!

And I am pleased to note that I have won more races than him overall and they weren't all on a bicycle. Where's his Junior Girls Pony Club bending race first place rosette eh? :P
    Correlation is not causation.
  • mfin
    nathancom wrote:
    Zososimo wrote:

Gather together with fellow sufferers in the USA and start a class action suit against LA. I bet you would win...

See if you can get legal aid first though, it might cost a little bit
  • nathancom wrote:
    Zososimo wrote:

I want to see him reduced to this!

lancejerkcopy.jpg
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Bet AFX is glad he added the doping clause to the PTP rules...
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • mfin
    Maybe a dvd cover for Pat too??
  • mfin wrote:
    Maybe a dvd cover for Pat too??

Brewsterscopy.jpg
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    This is all so unfair, it's a witch hunt, he's the most tested athlete ever and has never failed a test :roll:

But anyway, he's a better rider than me - he finished 34th in the Tour :)
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,179
    I've won as many as him but he has a better overall stage racing career (I was lanterne rouge in my only ever multi day race) :(
  • mfin
    Pross wrote:
    I've won as many as him but he has a better overall stage racing career (I was lanterne rouge in my only ever multi day race) :(

Bet you wish you'd doped now :)