I haven't the foggiest

meanredspider
meanredspider Posts: 12,337
edited October 2012 in Commuting chat
Whilst I know much of the country has fog (friend is stranded at Deathrow airport this morning), it was fabulous on the Black Isle

8112058729_3f41cb798b_z.jpg

iPhone doesn't do it justice. Deer, fields covered in mist, red kites circling - hairs on the back of my neck are worn out from all the effort... 8)
ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH

Comments

• Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    I had fog and mud.

I actually had to run my MW80s under the shower at work this morning, they were so dirty.

It was GREAT!

(beautiful photo that. Any jobs going?)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Looks lovely.

What's that phrase again?

"Red sky in the morning ......"
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Wow. That's stunning. That would make my day.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,677
    This was my sunset off the terrace here a couple of weeks back...

8112274701_60789dc16f_b.jpg
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • meanredspider

Thx (all). Yup - was lots recently - less just now

Lots of Heathrow flights cancelled due to fog
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • meanredspider
    Looks lovely.

Pah - shepherds: what do they know....?

8112403062_6b0a244e83_z.jpg
  • davis

Thx (all). Yup - was lots recently - less just now

What sort of jobs, may I ask? A lass in the office keeps talking about the times she pops back home (to the Black Isle, coincidentally). Photos of the place look stunning.

/disgruntled, of Sussex
  • meanredspider
    davis wrote:
    What sort of jobs, may I ask? A lass in the office keeps talking about the times she pops back home (to the Black Isle, coincidentally). Photos of the place look stunning.

/disgruntled, of Sussex

Mostly medical device related: some R&D, some quality-related, computer systems validation. We've been hiring like mad for the last year or so though, as I say, it's much quieter now. If you PM me, I can see if her skills might have a match.
  • meanredspider
    Rough ride home too :wink:

75f7f95e87c0dd0ff935bece662fcc8b.749x599.jpg
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Nice just a blanket of white with light drizzle here so pretty much like the entire year really :evil:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Plenty of fog on the Tyne. Mostly the type that gets you soaked without you noticing.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • itboffin
    That's fine just as long as we don't have to hear that hod awful song if you can call it a song.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • jejv
    jejv Posts: 566

Is that looking towards Kinloss ?

I don't know the east cost north of the bridge.
    sanafrazzin rassafrassin spider
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    itboffin wrote:
    That's fine just as long as we don't have to hear that hod awful song if you can call it a song.
    The awful choice between that and big river as Tyne crossing ear worms...
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • meanredspider
    jejv wrote:

Is that looking towards Kinloss ?

I don't know the east cost north of the bridge.
    sanafrazzin rassafrassin spider

Looking down towards Tore with Inverness in the far distance
  • davis

Good $deity man. That is resembling something very, very close to perfection. Right now, I'm deeply, deeply envious.
  • meanredspider
    davis wrote:
    Good $deity man. That is resembling something very, very close to perfection. Right now, I'm deeply, deeply envious.

Don't worry - I'll try to send some pictures of the bad days :wink:
  • Absolutely stunning scenery. Really lovely photographs too...taken with the camera phone again I presume?
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    Somehow the blanket of damp misery that envelops Reading now seems even worse by comparison :cry:

Time for a weekend somewhere sunny...
    Misguided Idealist
  • meanredspider
    Absolutely stunning scenery. Really lovely photographs too...taken with the camera phone again I presume?

Thank you. Yes - just the iPhone 4S. It's frustrating because there's some really stunning scenery I just don't even bother trying to photograph with it because I'll be so disappointed with the result. Anyhow, I've just ordered a "proper" camera with a "proper" lens to stick in my pocket so hopefully the pictures will improve because, as beautiful as it might look in these pictures, the reality was leagues better. I stopped on my ride home several times just to look. 7 years up here and 3 doing this commute and I'll never tire of days like yesterday.
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    I use a Canon G11 and a G1X - near DSLR image quality and easy to fit into a saddlebag with a Joby Gorilla tripod. If you want something for a jersey pocket consider the Canon S95 - again near-DSLR quality and a lot of versatility. All three of these cameras will let you shoot RAW too

Here's a fog shot from this morning along the Hastings' seafront

http://my-bicycle-and-i.co.uk/2012/the-fo/
  • meanredspider
    Hoopdriver wrote:

Lovely pic.

I bought an Samsung NX100 ("mirrorless" camera) - "Original" price over £500 and cost me £150 including 20-50 lens, case and flashgun (eBay Argos deal). At that price, I need to worry less about carrying it with me on the beautiful winter mornings when photo opportunities are everywhere.
  • Looks lovely.

".........shepherd's hut on fire?"
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    That should do you well - you do live in a part of the world where it pays to carry a good camera
  • meanredspider
    Hoopdriver wrote:
    That should do you well - you do live in a part of the world where it pays to carry a good camera

I hope so - I'll post the results on here....
  • itboffin
    I think the fog has gone only to be replaced with wind more wind than usual and no i didnt have beans for dinner.