Wheels arrived :D

hopper1
hopper1 Posts: 4,389
edited October 2012 in MTB general
Blimey, Superstar were quick with my new wheels... They're at home (the wheels), and I'm still away at work!
My other wheels have Rocket Ron EVO 2.1's (soon to be tubeless!) on, so I'm thinking maybe hedge my bets, by putting Panaracer XC Fire Pro 1.8's onto the new Tesla/Crest wheels...
Not used to riding 'big'(!) tyres... Was mostly 1.8" when I were a lad :wink:
Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Panaracer tubless is a bad idea - prone to blowing off the rim, and no point running tubes on Crests!
  • hopper1
    njee20 wrote:
    Panaracer tubless is a bad idea - prone to blowing off the rim, and no point running tubes on Crests!

Any other 'jack of all trade' (tubeless) type tyres to consider, then?
  • njee20
    Schwalbe for my money, although they can be silly tight.

Specialized do good all rounders, the S-Works Captain is a decent tyre IMO. Don't like the Panaracers one bit though, so perhaps not the best man to make recommendations!
  • hopper1
    njee20 wrote:
    Schwalbe for my money, although they can be silly tight.

Specialized do good all rounders, the S-Works Captain is a decent tyre IMO. Don't like the Panaracers one bit though, so perhaps not the best man to make recommendations!

And I have a distnct disliking to Spesh rubber, but that is more of a road rubber issue :oops:
    So, more Rocket Rons...?
  • njee20
    Yep, good choice. Just be prepared to have to fight them on!
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    This. but buy some of these: http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/product/38 ... pairs.html to get them on!
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • hopper1
    benpinnick wrote:
    This. but buy some of these: http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/product/38 ... pairs.html to get them on!

That tight!... Really...
    Ok, wel. if I stick to RR's, I'll go for the tubeless 1.85" :wink: