Best baggie shorts/ 3/4 lengths?

kammybear
kammybear Posts: 500
edited October 2012 in MTB buying advice
I need a decent pair that will last me ages. Biking shorts aint the cheapest, my budget is £50.

Endura hummvee look the part but they Endura don't seem to be rated very highly?

Comments

• ADL
    ADL Posts: 138
    kammybear wrote:
    Endura don't seem to be rated very highly?
    Who told you that? :shock:

I've had Endura Singletrack 3/4 for 2 years now, very happy with them.
  • Happy with my endura humve's
  • jimothy78
    jimothy78 Posts: 1,407
    I recently ordered these - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ENDURA-ZYME-3 ... 4d04180b4e - haven't arrived yet, but got a decent bikeradar review and at £22 you can't go wrong, surely?

A week or so ago I also bought these - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tenn-Mens-Lengt ... 986&sr=8-5 - they seem well made, but the description as 3/4length is ridiculous - they finish well above the knee. Haven't decided yet whether to return them or keep them for summer use when a bit more ventilation will be appreciated.
  • mrmonkfinger
    mrmonkfinger Posts: 1,452
    just bought another pair of hummvee's, endura gear is good IME.
  • kammybear
    kammybear Posts: 500
    Thanks guys, I just read in another topic using the search that Endura were kinda crappy.

Got my eyes on some hummvees as they looked pretty good for the money.
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 804
    I've got Singletrack full lengths and shorts. The missus wears Singletrack 3/4.

All great products at decent prices. Got a few other things from them too.
  • mac_man
    mac_man Posts: 918
    +1 for Humvees

Had a pair for over 2 years now and they are still in great condition. Nice fit as well.
    Cool, retro and sometimes downright rude MTB and cycling themed T shirts. Just MTFU.

By day: http://www.mtfu.co.uk
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Another happy wearer of humvees here. They outlasted some endura singletrack and another pair of endura shorts. Wouldn't buy singletrack again but looking to buy a new pair of humvees soon (got 3/4 and would like to normal length ones as well).
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    I have Endura Humvee 3/4s and they are excellent. They are my most worn shorts in the "darkness hours" of winter riding, generally over a pair of Fox Evolution 3/4 thermal shorts (with pad). They have proven to be a really good pair of shorts, well cut, snag resistant, crash resistant, easily washed/cleaned, good detail.

Having said that I am now rocking a pair of Royal something-or-others that I picked up for 50% off at Calgary Olympic Park and they are even better. The slightly more slippery material and cut means that I get off the back of the saddle (and on it again) even more easily.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • itguy2
    itguy2 Posts: 88
    Yup - another vote for Humvee 3/4 - excellent fit, just remember to wear the inner liner without any other underwear for the most comfy fit

Lapierre Zesty 514 &
    Orange Crush 2010
  • I had some endura single track 3/4 but didn't like them.. shorts were good but I didn't see the point in the 3/4 :lol:

I've now got humvees with the clickfast liner and they are bloody brilliant. Fit is superb, pads are superb etc etc.
  • I tried the Humvee 3/4 length in both medium & large. Both were fine around the waist, but the stitching just above the knee rubbed and irritated my legs. I was only in the changing cubicle, so all i was doing was moving my legs in a cycling motion. I really liked them but this would have made my legs sore if I cycled with them. Anyone else had this problem?