Pure aggression with lorrie driver

Dannyboy95
Dannyboy95 Posts: 245
edited October 2012 in MTB general
Ok so this has to be one of the best videos on the internet showing pure aggression personally I think it is possible that the driver didn't see him or he thought he could make the turn but the cyclist was also in the wrong for F-ING AND BLINDING but also very comical to watch. What are your thoughts? :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VGkdEOr ... e=g-user-u
cosna kick a bo agen a wo and ed it back till it bos-UP HANLEY ME DUCK

NO STAIRWAY....DENIED!

D.Leyland
Current Bike-TREK 4500
Previous Bikes
:Giant Roam 3
:Bianchi Nirone 7

Comments

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    jeez what an asshole cyclist
  • Don't think who would have stood a chance against that trucker!

NO STAIRWAY....DENIED!

D.Leyland
    Current Bike-TREK 4500
    Previous Bikes
  • i think the cyclist was in the wrong, he could see the massive truck so should of slowed down just like any of us would of done. also the foul mouth on him dident help. its bikers like him who give us all a bad rep.
  • i think the cyclist was in the wrong, he could see the massive truck so should have slowed down just like any of us would have done. also the foul mouth on him dident help. its bikers like him who give us all a bad rep.
    CORRECT!

NO STAIRWAY....DENIED!

D.Leyland
    Current Bike-TREK 4500
    Previous Bikes
  • plugp7
    plugp7 Posts: 298
    its bikers like him who give us all a bad rep.

A lot of vids like this on Youtube where cyclists ride aggressively or are out for an argument.
    Cotic Soul 26 inch. Whyte T130
  • He is the type of person that would come round you house and complain about a bit of music being played even if he didn't have a child ahahaha :D

NO STAIRWAY....DENIED!

D.Leyland
    Current Bike-TREK 4500
    Previous Bikes
  • Yowl, he's a brave one. Runs up and waits for the guy to say something, then as soon a he does the video guy runs away. He's a confrontational bitch scared to get Confrontational
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Driver shouldn't have pulled out, but the cyclist could have (but shouldn't have had to) slowed/stopped to avoid any danger. Lorries give me the creeps, I wouldn't go barrelling towards the wheels of a massive one like that just to make a point.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • I personally don't think the driver saw him at least for a second anyway because the guy doesn't wear any high viz so its possible and by the time the driver may see him he's half way through the turn.

NO STAIRWAY....DENIED!

D.Leyland
    Current Bike-TREK 4500
    Previous Bikes
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    If every car driver behaved like that cyclist there would be riots in the streets (again). What a loser.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I personally don't think the driver saw him at least for a second anyway because the guy doesn't wear any high viz so its possible and by the time the driver may see him he's half way through the turn

That's not really an excuse though. The cyclist would have been easy to spot if the driver had actually stopped at the junction and looked properly.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    the cyclist is a dick..sorry

yes the truck driver was in the wrong..but seriously...
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    What is it with some cyclists that they bolt a video camera to their head and then seem to set out to put themselves into a situation they can then whinge and wine about? Yes the Lorry driver should have stopped, but the result was totally unnecesary! Notice he keeps pedalling even after he's started compaining!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • What is it with some cyclists that they bolt a video camera to their head and then seem to set out to put themselves into a situation they can then whinge and wine about? Yes the Lorry driver should have stopped, but the result was totally unnecesary! Notice he keeps pedalling even after he's started compaining!
    Exactly mate i'm sick and tired of it, then when they get confrontation they want they use the camera as a weapon "ive got a camera your on camera'' pee off idiot! honestly they scream and cry when someone passes them too close. get a grip. Drives me mad think they own the road I cycle all the time and i'm not the only person who will experience bad driving but its apart of using the road. I know how to keep my self safe so i'm not bothered what other road users do. Some of these vigilante cyclists need a clip round the ear. FYI if I was that truck driver in the video I would have ripped that camera of his chest and stuffed it up his............ :mrgreen:

NO STAIRWAY....DENIED!

D.Leyland
    Current Bike-TREK 4500
    Previous Bikes
  • mrmonkfinger
    mrmonkfinger Posts: 1,452
    Dannyboy95 wrote:
    FYI if I was that truck driver in the video I would have ripped that camera of his chest and stuffed it up his............ :mrgreen:

...tripod?
  • Dannyboy95 wrote:
    FYI if I was that truck driver in the video I would have ripped that camera of his chest and stuffed it up his............ :mrgreen:

...tripod?

ARSE lol

NO STAIRWAY....DENIED!

D.Leyland
    Current Bike-TREK 4500
    Previous Bikes
  • My friend got clumped on the back of the bonce by a lorry wing mirror. Came off on the dual carriageway and luck he was wearing helmet, that he never met another can and is not dead.

Once had a road rage moment with a bloke in car who stalling, didn't like us riding past him. He went mental behind us once he started up. I learned, do not turn around and flip the finger to a flaming maniac in a moment of bravado. A chase then ensued and my friend was run down by a taxi. Or more realistically, did a Starskey roll across it's bonnet before lefging it from said maniac as he foamed at the mouth and ran after him.
  • My friend got clumped on the back of the bonce by a lorry wing mirror. Came off on the dual carriageway and luck he was wearing helmet, that he never met another can and is not dead.

Once had a road rage moment with a bloke in car who stalling, didn't like us riding past him. He went mental behind us once he started up. I learned, do not turn around and flip the finger to a flaming maniac in a moment of bravado. A chase then ensued and my friend was run down by a taxi. Or more realistically, did a Starskey roll across it's bonnet before lefging it from said maniac as he foamed at the mouth and ran after him.
    No mate never a good idea if you see most of the videos on the tubes most riders do exactly that give the driver a load of abuse and then do a runner never willing to stick it out lol.

NO STAIRWAY....DENIED!

D.Leyland
    Current Bike-TREK 4500
    Previous Bikes
  • Never gave the driver a lot of abuse. Just flipped the finger after he almost ran us down and was cursing and swearing, beeping his horn behind us as he was out of control as a result of having a problem starting his stalled car.

Yeah we never stuck around. He was raging even before he came across us. We saw him as we rode either side of him stranded in the middle of the road, as he went mental at his car. When he decided the finger was the last humiliation he reversed the car and tried to run us down. We got outta the way on the path and did a 180. He got out and ran after us leaving his young kid in the back of his car and shouting "I've fooking got yeah now". We weren't hanging about to deal with that.

Of course it was all OUR fault not down to him having a bad day.

The aggression was his.
  • Rushmore
    Rushmore Posts: 674
    TThat was a complete over reaction from that cyclist..

I've only ever had one altication which ended up with me chasing the driver down like that, was when I got pulled out on when I was only about 10 metres away and i crashed into the side of the car and over the bonnet.. The driver sped off..

That was only because he nearly killed me though... Anything else I usually shrug off...
    Always remember.... Wherever you go, there you are.

Ghost AMR 7500 2012
    De Rosa R838
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    errr, what a d1ck. So the cyclist had to slow down a bit and go around the truck, he was hardly in danger except of his own making and the trucker probably underestimated the closing speed a little but you have to be pretty agitated already to want to ride off after the truck and give him a good working over.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    errr, what a d1ck. So the cyclist had to slow down a bit and go around the truck, he was hardly in danger except of his own making and the trucker probably underestimated the closing speed a little but you have to be pretty agitated already to want to ride off after the truck and give him a good working over.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    The cyclist is a cock. He didn't even have to stop. If he stopped pedalling when he saw the truck pull out the truck would have been out before he got there.
    The truck driver probably wasn't expecting a cyclist to be going that fast. I have the same thing most mornings when I'm driving to work, trucks pull out of junctions and I have to slow down a bit to let them out. I have never felt the need to stop and swear at the driver.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    The cyclist is a fool. He didn't even have to stop. If he stopped pedalling when he saw the truck pull out the truck would have been out before he got there.
    The truck driver probably wasn't expecting a cyclist to be going that fast. I have the same thing most mornings when I'm driving to work, trucks pull out of junctions and I have to slow down a bit to let them out. I have never felt the need to stop and swear at the driver.

exactly, like i said earlier the truck driver was technically in the wrong. but i had to slow down at the roundabout yesterday cos a truck pulled out into the roundabout,it slowed me up for all of 5 seconds..no dramas though.

I appreciate that a bike is different and if the truck had pulled out when he was 10 metres away then it would be a different story. but he didn't, the cyclist just had to stop pedalling for a few secs...but maybe he was on a strava time segment :lol:
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I have seen plenty of road cyclists not stop at junctions when they are racing, one pulled out on me without looking near cheddar at the weekend. I didn't feel the need to stop and shout at him, he will learn not to do it one day as he is bouncing across the roof of a mondeo.
    If you get upset by bad car drivers try something safer, like downhill or dirt jumping.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Bloody yanks
  • Briggo wrote:
    Bloody yanks
    Hahaha :lol:

NO STAIRWAY....DENIED!

D.Leyland
    Current Bike-TREK 4500
    Previous Bikes
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    why is it whenever you see a vid of a cyclist going off like this it's always some squeaky little nerd.

makes us come off as such pussies.

but yes, cyclist was a dong.
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • dubcat
    dubcat Posts: 754
    Cool mustache!
    2010 Specialized Rockhopper
    2012 Bianchi Infinito