replacing the bottom bracket

tmsjns
tmsjns Posts: 54
edited October 2012 in MTB buying advice
Right theres a horrible noise coming from my bike, Its like a really bad clicking noise, I understand that it could be anything but I can feel it through the pedals so Im leaning towards the bottom bracket, I have found out that its a bb26 but I dont know the size!? I looking on crc and theres a few choices,
Which one would i need for a cuba anaolg disc 2012?

Any suggestion at what else the noise could be?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    tmsjns wrote:
    Right theres a horrible noise coming from my bike, Its like a really bad clicking noise, I understand that it could be anything but I can feel it through the pedals so Im leaning towards the bottom bracket, I have found out that its a bb26 but I dont know the size!? I looking on crc and theres a few choices,
    Which one would i need for a cuba anaolg disc 2012?

Any suggestion at what else the noise could be?
    the BB is a what?

and the brand is a Cube perhaps?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    OK Cube Analog Disc 2012 has a BB-UN26 BB the cranks are Shimano FC-M430 so you should need a 113mm axle.

this is PRESUMING that you have parts fitted as listed on the web site that i looked at.

Checked what you have on YOUR bike.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown