It pays to get off and push...

Bishbosh10
Bishbosh10 Posts: 268
edited October 2012 in MTB general
During one of my pushing up a hill staring intently at the ground (trying to find my lungs and legs) moments on my ride today I came across two shiny pound coins.

Looks like Help for Heroes is £2 better off today :).

So there you go - get off and push - it pays dividends!
2011 Giant Trance Ltd, 2016 Revs, XT bits etc.

Comments

• YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Ah, but if you'd have ridden really fast up that hill, you'd have lost two lbs, so you...
    Hey, you actually gained 4 pounds! awesomes! :lol:
  • YeeHaa, your logic is infallible - top marks!

As it turns out, the cash went to Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance as that was what was on the bar in the pub.....

Probably a good investment - they will be handy helping me look for my lungs and legs next time!
    2011 Giant Trance Ltd, 2016 Revs, XT bits etc.
  • sigorman85
    sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
    Ah, but if you'd have ridden really fast up that hill, you'd have lost two lbs, so you...
    Hey, you actually gained 4 pounds! awesomes! :lol:

Brilliant!!!!
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2
  • saprkzz
    saprkzz Posts: 592
    It is a great feeling when finding money!.

On a climb up a trail, my rear wheel spun out, I thought while i have stopped i would answer a call of nature, and in doing so spotted a £20 note right next to where i was stood. What were the chances eh?? :)
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Probably out the back pocket of the guy who dropped his trousers to have a dump in the same spot.......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • It's okay getting off to push as long as your "mate" does not sod off and leave you alone in the mountains as you do it.

Needless to say I aint been out with him since.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Would you rather he rode slowly, behind you, whilst you got all sweaty?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Would you rather he rode slowly, behind you, whilst you got all sweaty?
    Then sod off and leave you alone in a ditch, head on backwards.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Would you rather he rode slowly, behind you, whilst you got all sweaty?

You know that is kinda what he says. "What, you think I should walk?" I wouldn't have been walking had he not disappeared each time I got within 30 metres of him as he waited. He rested I never did. You know disheartening that is? And selfish.

Sorry want to go out with mate then your out with mates so show a bit of respect and concern for their welfare.

I guess I am selfish in expecting this. That stronger riders actually acknowledge that not everyone can ride at their level and thus compromises are needed. He never compromised even in a group of 7 or 8 of us.

He didn't even wait for 5 mins before he ordered and drank his pint!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Ignore Yeehaa, he was making a joke and in any event is a d1ck like your 'mate'.
    Riding should be a bit of fun.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    Your friend's actions are fine you're a semi retired XC racer who's training to make a come back for one more race to show up some young pup who dissed your wife.

But as a ride with mates that's a bit rubbish. The ride should be done at the pace of the slowest person. I'm happy for my mates to go charging up the hill as it encourages me to go faster and improve my self but as long as they wait at the top and wait for me to recover before setting off again I'm happy.
  • Yup that's what I'm okay with but no joke, on one ride, the minute I got to within 30 yards of him sitting at the top watching me struggle, he got on bike and was off before I could say hang on. Did it 4 or five times until he sodded off down the mountain to the pub.

He's been like that as long as I remember and would regularly decide he was leaving the group to go his own way. In the end the group, aware that we are out as mates on a run, would decide to go his way and dump the original route. Regular occurrence. Don't ride with him now.