Padded shorts

Peddle Up!
Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
edited October 2012 in Road beginners
I've just about crushed the padding in my current Altura padded shorts (good value/comfort by the way) and I'm looking to the next pair. What's the current view on comfy wear?
Purveyor of "up" :)

Comments

• alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Endura FS260 Pro
    DHB Aeron Pro

They'r my choices at ~£60 each.
  • TakeTurns
    TakeTurns Posts: 1,075
    May I ask, how many hours or miles do you reckon it took you before they wore out?

I'm currently using a pair of Enduro Pro shorts. They're club specific so that's as much info I can get. However I've done about 3000~miles so far on them and the padding is 40% worn I'd say.
  • +1 for DHB Aeron bib
    Don't call me sir I work for a living
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    A lot depends on price and a subjective view of comfort/value, methinks. My wife bought some of the dhb aerons and they are very good, and the price is even better. Me? Well, I have some Castelli FARs and a pair of Body Paint 2.0s and they are just freaking brilliant, IMO. Then again, I have some old Altura progel bibs and I use them for the turbo, etc., nought wrong with them for the price point, although they are very spongy and I wouldn't want to do a 225k on them. You pays your money and you takes your choice :)
  • jay197
    jay197 Posts: 196
    I have found that the with the DHB pads the "pro" pad is much better quality than the "aero" pad. so look at the description carefully to see which type of pad the DHB bib has fitted. And the "pro" pad is little bit thicker, which is nice for longer rides :)
  • kentphil
    kentphil Posts: 479
    +1 Endura FS260 pro shorts
    1998 Kona Cindercone in singlespeed commute spec
    2013 Cannondale Caadx 1x10
    2004 Giant TCR
  • sandian
    sandian Posts: 68
    Castelli's take some beating imo!
  • jonomc4
    jonomc4 Posts: 891
    have Endura FS260 they are okay - I thought they were great until I bought a pair of endura equipe bibs - they are total comfort - but cost a twice as much - for me I found it worth it.
  • didn't know they wore out, no wonder my arse is hurting, must have done thousands of miles in mine over last 4 years
  • jay197
    Wobblehead wrote:
    didn't know they wore out, no wonder my ars* is hurting, must have done thousands of miles in mine over last 4 years

lol

At least you got your moneys worth out of them :)
  • greentea
    greentea Posts: 180
    Peddle Up! wrote:
    I've just about crushed the padding in my current Altura padded shorts (good value/comfort by the way) and I'm looking to the next pair. What's the current view on comfy wear?

The current view is the same as the old view, that comfy wear, should be comfy. :roll:
  • Peddle Up!
    greentea wrote:
    Peddle Up! wrote:

The current view is the same as the old view, that comfy wear, should be comfy. :roll:

:)
  • I have been using shorts by funkier and they have been very good as well,also at a good price point.

Regards.
  • Peddle Up!
    Thanks for all the useful advice. I've done around 3k (miles) with these and the fabric is still good - it's the padding that isn't as resiliant as it once was. Probably says more about my a$$ than the shorts! :)
  • jay197
    tbutler wrote:
    I have been using shorts by funkier and they have been very good as well,also at a good price point.

Regards.

Which ones have you bought? the gel 9 or 17 ones?

I am tempted to try one of their "endurance" ones :)