That Explains It Then!!

Proutster
Proutster Posts: 785
edited October 2012 in MTB general
Gradually been noticing play in the rear suspension of my Trance X, so bought some of Superstar's bearing replacement tools and - at last - today I got round to having a go at the two bearings that join the bottom of the rear triangle to the linkage:

2012-10-20143407.jpg

The one on the left was completely seized and the other virtually fell apart when I took it out.

No instructions came with the tools but a quick interwebz search found the instructions on Superstar's website.

BTW, the play from the bottom linkage is gone completely but now I've noticed play in the others, so now to get the other bearings and change them - mine takes 2 x 6902 (as replaced above - which are the same size as the bearings in my Superstar rear wheel, so I had some in the shed) + 4 x 6900 & 4 x 6802 bearings. Also need to find a tool to do the (small) 6802s as Superstar don't do one.

Reason for the post is that I'd been putting it off for ages but the Superstar tools made it a simple job - so if you're not sure whether to have a go yourself or take it to the LBS, then I'd recommend giving it a go with the Superstar tools.

Comments